[comp.sys.apple] fortran and pascal for the apple //?

dan@osupyr.mast.ohio-state.edu (Dan May) (03/17/89)

I have acquired the original disks of a fortran and pascal
compiler for the apple.  They are produced by apple, and I
believe they were used on an plus machine.

When I try to boot these up on my //c a message comes
up on the screen to insert the next disk and press return.
When I do this, nothing happens.

Has anyone gotten the compilers to work on a //c?, or am I
out of luck.

		Thanks,
			Dan May

muller@Alliant.COM (Jim Muller) (03/17/89)

In article <1251@osupyr.mast.ohio-state.edu> dan@osupyr.mast.ohio-state.edu (Dan May) writes:
>I have acquired the original disks of a fortran and pascal
>compiler for the apple.
>When I try to boot these up on my //c a message comes
>up on the screen to insert the next disk and press return.
>When I do this, nothing happens.

I don't mean to be bashing an innocent, but just because you have the original
Apple disks doesn't mean an illegal copy wasn't involved.  Maybe someone just
copied them all (it is easy to do, you can even use COPYA from DOS3.3), then
"gave" or "sold" away his originals to make it closer to legal.  Either way,
its still like being a little pregnant.  Now then, if you can explain how you
got those disks without the documentation and most of the fish smell goes away,
then maybe I'll tell you what you are doing wrong.  It is reasonably simple,
but you need to know some stuff.  Be forwarned that without the documentation,
you are unlikely to ever make it live up to its quite high potential.
--
    - Jim Muller