[comp.sys.apple] Claris address + making the IIe "serious"

>Date:         Wed, 15 Mar 89 21:41:36 GMT
>From:         SCOTT HOLLINGSWORTH <gxh101%psuvm.BITNET@JADE.BERKELEY.EDU>
>Subject:      claris address request
>
>I need the address for claris.  [...]

To order a form to upgrade from AppleWorks 1.x to 2.1, call
1-800-544-8554, 8:30 to 5:30 PST.  Looks like it's going to cost you
$75.

Their regular address and phone:

  Claris
  440 Clyde Avenue
  Mountain View, CA 94043

  (415) 960-1500

>Is there currently any IIe that runs at the speed of a //c+? [...]

No, not straight out of the box.  Add a Zip Chip or a TransWarp card,
and you can accelerate your IIe, but I don't remember offhand how the
speed compares to a IIc+.

>If apple would develop the IIe so it could have better graphics,
>sound, and 16 or 32-bit processing while retaining compatibility with
>8-bit then it become a serious machine.

Ummm, gee.  Are you aware of the Apple IIgs?  (The "gs" means
"graphics and sound," at least to some people.)

> Scott Hollingsworth (deadhead) (GXH101@PSUVM.BITNET)

 --David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
   DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
   P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
   North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons