[comp.sys.apple] Z-Link & BinSCII

kevinb@pro-ldm.cts.com (Kevin Baurer) (03/14/89)

I assume these programs are PD or shareware?  Where does one get a copy of
these programs if he doesn't have access to GEnie or any other LARGE
money-grubbing service?

Also, does anyone have any information on VTGS (I think that's what it's
called), the ANSII emulator for the Apple //gs?

Thanks......  ---KjB

dcw@athena.mit.edu (David C. Whitney) (03/18/89)

In article <8903141036.AA18926@crash.cts.com> pnet01!pro-simasd!pro-ldm!kevinb@nosc.mil writes:
>I assume these programs are PD or shareware?  Where does one get a copy of
>these programs if he doesn't have access to GEnie or any other LARGE
>money-grubbing service?

Z-Link is shareware for $25. BinSCII is free. If you have access to the
apple2-l list (it's on the BITNET), you can get it from there. I don't know
the exact command sequence to use - perhaps someone else can help with that.
If you don't have access to apple2-l or the Usenet equivelent
comp.binaries.apple2 then I can mail you a copy of either or both. In the
case of Z-Link - it's currently going under a bit of re-hashing and won't
be available until April or so.

Dave Whitney	A junior in Computer Science at MIT
dcw@athena.mit.edu  ...!bloom-beacon!athena.mit.edu!dcw  dcw@goldilocks.mit.edu
I wrote Z-Link & BinSCII. Send me bug reports. I use a //GS. Send me Tech Info.
"This is MIT. Collect and 3rd party calls will not be accepted at this number."