[comp.sys.apple] How do I use BinSCII?

DICKSON@HARTFORD.BITNET (03/15/89)

When I run 1.0 with either a mouse click or a -BINSCII command, I get a
series of basic prompts that run forever.  When I try 1.0.2, I get some
intellible message that I can't remember offhand printed at a slow text
speed, over and over again forever.  Somehow this doesn't seem right.  Is
there something I'm supposed to do with these files?  They don't seem to
be packed (though they are only 4k and 4.5k).  I'm confused.  Help appreciated.

Bill Dickson
DICKSON@HARTFORD

dcw@athena.mit.edu (David C. Whitney) (03/18/89)

In article <8903141854.aa29476@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> DICKSON@HARTFORD.BITNET writes:
>When I run 1.0 with either a mouse click or a -BINSCII command, I get a
>series of basic prompts that run forever.  When I try 1.0.2, I get some
>intellible message that I can't remember offhand printed at a slow text
>speed, over and over again forever.  Somehow this doesn't seem right.  Is
>there something I'm supposed to do with these files?  They don't seem to
>be packed (though they are only 4k and 4.5k).  I'm confused.  Help appreciated.

Um, for some reason Executioner decided that BinSCII only deserves BIN status.
The file ought to be of type SYS. If you have a filetype changer - make BinSCII
a SYS file and your problems should be solved.

Dave Whitney	A junior in Computer Science at MIT
dcw@athena.mit.edu  ...!bloom-beacon!athena.mit.edu!dcw  dcw@goldilocks.mit.edu
I wrote Z-Link & BinSCII. Send me bug reports. I use a //GS. Send me Tech Info.
"This is MIT. Collect and 3rd party calls will not be accepted at this number."