[comp.sys.apple] midi

GREYELF@WPI.BITNET (02/13/89)

>If you're into "hacking", you can build your own Passport compatible MIDI
>interface like I did for my Apple II Plus.

How does one go about doing this?

|    Michael J Pender Jr         snail mail: Box 1942 c/o W.P.I.   |
|   Bitnet: greyelf@wpi.bitnet               100 Institute Rd.     |
| Internet: greyelf@wpi.wpi.edu              Worcester, Ma 01609   |
| User #20 at H.U.G.E. Bit Bucket                                  |
| Disclaimer:  Who me?  I was in Mexico buying drugs at the time!  |

brianw@microsoft.UUCP (Brian Willoughby) (02/15/89)

In article <8902121944.AA00368@wpi>, GREYELF@WPI.BITNET writes:
> >If you're into "hacking", you can build your own Passport compatible MIDI
> >interface like I did for my Apple II Plus.
>
> How does one go about doing this?

Oh no, I opened my mouth and now I have to deliver.
Any ideas as to how I can transmit a circuit diagram over a text-based network?
Has anybody done this before?
BTW, how many hackers do we have out there who would be interested in building
their own MIDI interface and have at least had experience with building their
own circuits? I can't teach circuit building over the net, but I could (if
prodded enough) put the info out there for anyone who can make use of it!

Send EMail with your ideas, or votes for posting this info
(supposing I can figure out the best way to do so!)

Brian Willoughby		microsoft!brianw

GREYELF@WPI.BITNET (02/20/89)

I suppose its not really midi I'm interested in, but sampling.

Does anyone out there have a design for a cheap sampling card with
playback ability?

GREYELF@WPI.BITNET (03/22/89)

Luther Atkinson wrote me:

>Its possible I got this wrong, but somebody on the info-apple
>list mentioned building their own midi interface. Was it you? or some
>one else. And if it was you, how can I send you postage, beer, money,
>incentive to send me a copy of the schematics or the article you started
>with?

>Luther Atkinson                      Virginia Commonwealth University
>Bitnet: Atkinson@Vcuvax              I-net: Atkinson@Ruby.vcu.edu

I don't know anything about Midi.  I had asked on the net and
someon replied that they had a design they came up with,
I believe it was mjohnson, but I could be wrong.

What I was more interested in was the design the person claimed
to have for an analog to digital/digital to analog card.
I'd like to make a two channel stereo sound digitizer with
playback ability.  I am an electrical engineering student
who has played with the stuff since the age of about one.
I can understand schematics is someone would post them.

If anyone else is interested in this, please post to the net.

--
Michael J Pender Jr  Box 1942 c/o W.P.I.        I wrote SHELL, send bug
greyelf@wpi.bitnet   100 Institute Rd.          reports, suggestions, cash,

P.S.  I help people too.