[comp.sys.apple] applesoft to text

GREYELF@WPI.BITNET (03/23/89)

Chris Chung @ brownvm writes:

>Is there any easy to convert an applesoft file into a text file.  I need
>to upload many applesoft files to my mainframe for editting but they need
>to be converted to text file format first.  Is there a simple way to do it
>without having to load each file by hand.  Perhaps some program???
>Please send replies directly to me as I don't always to a chance to read the
>list in a timely manner.

>Thanks,
>Chris

I wrote a new shell command called FLIST to do just this.  I uploaded
it to Apple2-l as an update to SHELL.  It is also capable of
being run independently.  The idea is to create an EXEC file
that looks like this:

0D$=CHR$(4):?D$"OPEN LIST":?D$"WRITE LIST":LIST1,:?D$"CLOSE":END
RUN
0

At this point I've updated Shell twice, and Chris hasn't sent it out
yet.

--
Michael J Pender Jr  Box 1942 c/o W.P.I.        I wrote SHELL, send bug
greyelf@wpi.bitnet   100 Institute Rd.          reports, suggestions, cash,

P.S.  I help people too.