[comp.sys.apple] r ewing and the TRUTH

STEVENS@SENECA.BITNET (03/22/89)

Thanks Rick. Really!
we have now heard from TWO um apples?
(and assorted NEAR apples)
in his letter rick talks about the people who read but don't respond.
WELL I'M ONE! but i can't keep quiet any more!
for one reason, i can't go on reading 50 plus messages a day, when most of them
are flames at Apple!
I just want to talk APPLE! Mind you a lot of the _flames_ are good points
and i hope that Apple listens! BUT the _suggestions_ could be put a little
more Tactfully. (TACT? WAZ ZAT?)
i have had my UNENHANCED apple //e for about 10 years now, and i am STILL happy
with it! (Amazing ain't it?) and i hear people, with gs's complaining!
i wish i could afford a new machine! BUT my bank keeps saying things like
Pay your MORTGAGE payment first. then we'll talk!
i read the Bell telephone stock holders report tonight! (yes i CAN read)
BELL (canada) = US AT&T by the way
they talk of the RETIRING "CEO". he is going to get a pension of 80k+ a MONTH!
so if you want to complain! COMPLAIN about THAT!
if I hear any more WHINING i'll get out my Violin! beware though! it is a small
violin!
ANYWAY! I feel a whole lot better now! :-) Thanks Rick for Speaking on the
subject. you and the other fellow (who's name escapes me) put my confidence
back in apple! and GUYS (all on the apple list) lets get back on the parade.
things could be a lot worse. I know it's been about 3 years since we've seen
// hardware from apple but lets face it... it is a lot easier to update
something relatively new (MAC'S) then it is to upgrade and keep consistent
a BEHMOUTH (did I spell that right) like the good ol' Apple ][.
yes speed would be nice! BUT i can't afford it anyway!
well untill i read the next stock holders report! GOODNIGHT and may all your
dreams come true! (Apple //e enhanced?) (thats mine) :-)

Stevens@Seneca                    Seneca College of Applied Arts & Technology
I wrote "MY MOM" send me BUGS        North York, Ontario, Canada
I have a //e     send me a beer      Apples? WE don't got no Apples?
This is Canada! any 3rd party or collect calls will be HUNG UP ON!!! :-)

rdlanctot@instr.okanagan.bc.ca (Ryan Lanctot) (03/23/89)

>Thanks Rick. Really!
>we have now heard from TWO um apples?

For all of you out there who don't speak his particular dialect of Canadianese,
I'll provide a basic translation for you. :-)  What he means is that he's
basically happy to be alive and have an apple.  I agree.  Notice how these
words actually make _some_ sense.  Canadians do sometimes make sense, you know!
(Not often, but that's another matter....)

Ryan Lanctot
<rdlanctot@instr.okanagan.bc.ca>

I wrote the free-trade agreement -- don't tell me about any problems, I don't
want to hear about it no more.

:)

a172@mindlink.UUCP (Michael Carman) (03/23/89)

> rdlanctot writes:
>
> MSG-ID: <157*rdlanctot@instr.okanagan.bc.ca>
> I wrote the free-trade agreement -- don't tell me about any problems, I don't
> want to hear about it no more.
>
> :)

So it's you that we should send the nasty letters to, eh? :)

Question: Can an Apple 3.5" drive (not the UniDisk) be used with the Central
Point UDC card?
--
 ______________________________                                                |                              |                                               | Michael Carman@mindlink.UUCP | "Close the door, Martha, here come            |      a172@mindlink.UUCP      |  those dang polar bears again!"               | Vancouver, BC, Canada...Eh!  |                                               |______________________________|

REWING@TRINCC.BITNET (03/23/89)

The whole situation regarding the Apple II inside Apple is not as cut
and dry as I would like to make it out as.  I still get resistance from
some people in the company (including my own manager) regarding the
Apple II's future.  I'm just glad that when everything finally boils
down and all the religious chatter is stripped away, the true fact of
the matter is that Apple Computer cannot afford to be without the Apple II.
In the state of Georgia for our public school system, the //e still
outsells the IIgs 2 to 1.  Many of you hear that some ofthe k-12 market
is being switched over to the Mac, and some of this is true. The reason
for this is not because of a desire for the company's Mac factions
to barge into this market, but many school systems are beginning to
examine cheap IBM clones, and their MIS managers are only interested
in looking at raw processing power.  In this case, the Mac is our
only defense.  Who's fault is this?  Ours,of course, for failing to
produce faster IIgses quickly enough, but this is the real world.
My hope is that we can come up with long term solution, whether they
buy Macs or Apple IIs, that the customer gets a useful product they
can use for years. And both product lines should compliment each
other, not gut each other's business.  Still, if you as a user want
to see the Apple II series further promoted, provide useful
constructive criticism instead of outright flames.  You'll be
more received by people who make a difference if you do, and you'll
come across as a responsible concerned user rather than a lunatic fringe
that continues to dwell on past laurels.

--Rick Ewing
  Apple Atlanta