[comp.sys.apple] Dave Lyons accepts AIIDTS job

I'm pleased to announce that I have accepted a job with Apple II
Developer Technical Support, to start April 17.

I don't have enough psychic abilities to know what Apple management's
long-range plans are for the Apple II line--but if there were any
short-term plans to suffocate it, they certainly wouldn't have hired
me 4 days ago.

 --David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
   DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
   P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
   North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons

asd@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Kareth) (03/20/89)

In article <8903191551.aa09515@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> AWCTTYPA@UIAMVS.BITNET ("David A. Lyons") writes:
>I'm pleased to announce that I have accepted a job with Apple II
>Developer Technical Support, to start April 17.
>
>I don't have enough psychic abilities to know what Apple management's
>long-range plans are for the Apple II line--but if there were any
>short-term plans to suffocate it, they certainly wouldn't have hired
>me 4 days ago.

Allright Dave!  Get in there, start bashing some heads!  Kick some butt's
into making some better products!!  I can't wait to see some stuff come
outa there labeled David Lyons!

As am sure your already getting notes wishing you good luck, I thought I'd
just post a big huge "Alright Dave.  Go Get Em!" for all the folks I know
who don't post, but wish ya luck.

			ALRIGHT DAVE.  GO GET EM!!!!

Kareth.

krazy@claris.com (Jeff Erickson) (03/20/89)

From article <8903191551.aa09515@SMOKE.BRL.MIL>, by AWCTTYPA@UIAMVS.BITNET ("David A. Lyons"):
> I'm pleased to announce that I have accepted a job with Apple II
> Developer Technical Support, to start April 17.

Hooray!  Hooray!  Hooray!

Congratulations, David!

I have a suggestion regarding letting people at Apple know about users'
fear of the Apple II's death.  Find every posting you can, every day, that
mentions problems with the Apple II and pass them around to your boss.
If nothing happens, try his boss.  Wander over to marketing.  Take a field
trip to sales.  Take the suggestions to the engineers.

As far as I can tell, of all the people at Apple, only AIIDTS listens to
Usenet.  Maybe if someone else out there heard what was going on in here,
they'd realize what's going on with the II.

--
Jeff Erickson     \  Internet: krazy@claris.com          AppleLink: Erickson4
Claris Corporation \      UUCP: {ames,apple,portal,sun,voder}!claris!krazy

>Date:         Mon, 20 Mar 89 01:19:13 GMT
>From:         Kareth <mentor.cc.purdue.edu!asd@PURDUE.EDU>
>Subject:      Re: Dave Lyons accepts AIIDTS job
>
>[...]
>Allright Dave!  Get in there, start bashing some heads!  Kick some butts
>into making some better products!!  I can't wait to see some stuff come
>outa there labeled David Lyons!
>[...]
>ALRIGHT DAVE.  GO GET EM!!!!

I'll do what I can!  Mainly the stuff with my name on it will be some
Technotes and some sample source code.

Thanks to everyone who has sent their congratulations.

In article <9110@claris.com> krazy@claris.com (Jeff Erickson) writes:
>I have a suggestion regarding letting people at Apple know about users'
>fear of the Apple II's death.  Find every posting you can, every day, that
>mentions problems with the Apple II and pass them around to your boss.
>If nothing happens, try his boss.  Wander over to marketing.  Take a field
>trip to sales.  Take the suggestions to the engineers.

Dave's boss will be my boss, who is Keith's former boss, etc:  Rilla
Reynolds.  Believe me, she knows about the Spring of our Discontent.

>As far as I can tell, of all the people at Apple, only AIIDTS listens to
>Usenet.  Maybe if someone else out there heard what was going on in here,
>they'd realize what's going on with the II.

This is not true.  Although I don't really know (honest) if I can discuss
what I mean or not (it's hard to tell what you can talk about and what
you can't, when it's internal policy), many people keep up to date with
comp.sys.apple, at least in a summary-type way.

>--
>Jeff Erickson     \  Internet: krazy@claris.com          AppleLink: Erickson4
>Claris Corporation \      UUCP: {ames,apple,portal,sun,voder}!claris!krazy
>415/960-2693        \________________________________________________________
>____________________/        "I'm so heppy I'm mizzabil!" -- Krazy Kat
Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions expressed in this tome
Send PERSONAL mail ONLY (please) to:  | should not be construed to imply that
AppleLink PE: Matt DTS  GEnie: AIIDTS | Apple Computer, Inc., or any of its
CompuServe: 76703,3030                | subsidiaries, in whole or in part,
Usenet:  mattd@apple.com              | have any opinion on any subject."
UUCP:  (other stuff)!ames!apple!mattd | "So there."

shawn@pnet51.cts.com (Shawn Stanley) (03/22/89)

Congrats, Dave!

UUCP: {uunet!rosevax, amdahl!bungia, chinet, killer}!orbit!pnet51!shawn
INET: shawn@pnet51.cts.com

bsherm@umbio.MIAMI.EDU (Bob Sherman) (03/23/89)

in article <27622@apple.Apple.COM>, mattd@Apple.COM (Matt Deatherage) says:

> Dave's boss will be my boss, who is Keith's former boss, etc:  Rilla
> Reynolds.  Believe me, she knows about the Spring of our Discontent.

Does this mean that Keith has left us for Mac Heaven???
--
  Internet  -- bsherm%umbio@umigw.miami.edu
  UUCP      -- {uunet!gould}!umbio!bsherm