[comp.sys.apple] shell

GREYELF@WPI.BITNET (03/22/89)

On Apple2-l shell users can now find three new commands I just made
and uploaded, Type, Date and Time.  Date and time will set the prodos
date and time with or without my clock programs installed, Type
will print a file of any filetype to the screen, but its not
perfect (yet).  These are provided for convenience.

--
Michael J Pender Jr  Box 1942 c/o W.P.I.
greyelf@wpi.bitnet   100 Institute Rd.

sja@swbatl.UUCP (9080) (03/23/89)

In article <8903220125.AA03596@wpi> GREYELF@WPI.BITNET writes:
>On Apple2-l shell users can now find three new commands I just made
>and uploaded, Type, Date and Time.  Date and time will set the prodos
>date and time with or without my clock programs installed, Type
>will print a file of any filetype to the screen, but its not
>perfect (yet).  These are provided for convenience.
>
>--
>Michael J Pender Jr  Box 1942 c/o W.P.I.
>greyelf@wpi.bitnet   100 Institute Rd.
>greyelf@wpi.wpi.com  Worcester, Ma 01609
>I wrote SHELL, please send bug reports to me.

Okay, I give.  I'm going to have to show my ignorance yet again!  Is
there a "knowledgable Joe" (Joe-ette?) who will take me under his/her
wing (especially a 'her'!) and clue me in as to:

			a) where in the world is apple2-l?

			b) how can I get to it?

			c) why does Everyone seem to know both a & b
			   except me??

Seriously, I could sure use a little 'enlightenment' (I know, I know ...
among other things).  I'd be glad to call 'you' and discuss.

Thanks!

314-235-5718 8a-5p	(days)
314-946-3560 5p-??	(eve.)

|	  Steve Adams - SWBT - Advanced Technology Laboratory         |
|	  1010 Pine St. - Room 502 - St. Louis. MO. 63101.            |
|	  UUCP: { pyramid, uunet, bellcore }...!swbatl!sja            |

JDA@NIHCU.BITNET (Doug Ashbrook) (03/23/89)

> Okay, I give.  I'm going to have to show my ignorance yet again!  Is
> there a "knowledgable Joe" (Joe-ette?) who will take me under his/her
> wing (especially a 'her'!) and clue me in as to:
>
>             a) where in the world is apple2-l?
>
>             b) how can I get to it?

APPLE2-L is a list server at the BITNET node BROWNVM.  Unfortunately,
it it is not currently possible for UUCP nodes to request files from
the list server.  It is possible, however, for UUCP sites to be added
to the mailing list so that they get the original postings.

J. Douglas Ashbrook                                  (301) 496-5181
BITNET: JDA@NIHCU            ARPA: jda%nihcu.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
National Institutes of Health, Computer Center,  Bethesda, MD 20892