[comp.sys.apple] Finding Apple Pascal/Fortran Doc

secrist@msdsws.DEC.COM ("Richard C. Secrist") (03/19/89)

The Apple Pascal and Fortran under the Apple UCSD environment have ben
largely abandoned in the free world and loose documentation or disks
can sometimes be found at hamfests or at computer store clearance tables.
Loose parts are extremely rare, but not that much rarer than complete
bona fide packages.  You can generally haggle with a dealer to get this
stuff cheap since it's been on their shelf for at least five years, and
if you're going to use it at all it'll be well worth the $50 or whatever
you pay to get the whole set.

rcs

jeffrey@ccnysci.UUCP (Jeffrey L Bromberger) (03/23/89)

In article <8903190715.AA23219@decwrl.dec.com> secrist@msdsws.DEC.COM ("Richard C. Secrist") writes:

>The Apple Pascal and Fortran under the Apple UCSD environment have been
>largely abandoned in the free world and loose documentation or disks
>can sometimes be found at hamfests or at computer store clearance tables.
>Loose parts are extremely rare, but not that much rarer than complete
>bona fide packages.

Way back in high school, I learned Pascal and Fortran using these
packages.  I was able to get the real Pascal texts (Pascal programming
language & Pascal operating system) from the McGraw-Hill bookstore
(Rockerfeller Center in NYC) for about $5 each.

What I'm still looking for is a COMPLETE set of Fortran docs, as well
as the disks; I trashed my SYSTEM.SYNTAX and FORTLIB.CODE files long
ago and need to find replacements.  If *anybody* can find a set of the
Fortran disks and docs, please drop me a line, as I'd be willing to
buy them.

Thanks.
--
Jeffrey L. Bromberger
System Operator---City College of New York---Science Computing Facility