[comp.sys.apple] Orca/C %p..

dougm@pnet51.cts.com (Doug Mcintyre) (03/26/89)

lwv@n8emr.UUCP (Larry W. Virden) writes:

>Actually, the p difference you are thinking about is that in the *printf
>family, %p means print out a pointer value in ANSI and means print out a
>pascal type string in APW C.  I talked to Mike about this on ALPE and he
>didnt seem like he was TOO set in his ways here - if there was enough
>demand for this one he might figure out some way to permit both via some sort
>of option...
>
>--
>Larry W. Virden	 674 Falls Place, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068 (614) 864-8817
>75046,606 (CIS) ; LVirden (ALPE) ; osu-cis!n8emr!lwv (UUCP)
>osu-cis!n8emr!lwv@TUT.CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (INTERNET)
>The world's not inherited from our parents, but borrowed from our children.

Yes that is what I meant, my finger must of slipped.. :)..

Anyway yes Mike is very* flexible on issues like this, and now is the time to
consider it, while it is still in the testing phrases, (also of course
since the source to the library is included, you could make it happen your
way..) Since a couple people have suggested it, I'll see if Mike wants to put
some condition stuff into the library, so people could either have the APW way
or the standard C way. (hmm, a preprocessor for an assembler anyone?)
But it looks like the couple C programmers for the IIGS here want to go the
other way than Mike orignally went. Ask and you shall receive eh?

UUCP: {rosevax, crash}!orbit!pnet51!dougm                Compuserve: 70611,2215
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!dougm@nosc.mil                        ALPE: DougMac
INET: dougm@pnet51.cts.com