[net.music] more band names

daemon@decwrl.UUCP (11/21/83)

From: Ed Featherston  HL01-1/P06  225-5241 <roll::featherston>

 Begin Forwarded Message:

Newsgroup : net.music
>From : ORPHAN::BLICKSTEIN
Subject:  More Band names

Here are some actually bands that you've never heard of because they never
got out of the basement stage.

A friend of mine from Bell Labs formed "Ma Bell and the touchtones".  This was
a splinter group from the "Every other Wednesday evening musical society.

I, now a DEC employee, am in a band call the DECadents.

	db

		Mail address : ...decvax!decwrl!rhea!orphan!blickstein

 End Forwarded Message

trb@masscomp.UUCP (05/26/84)

There's a band up here in Boston called Control-U.  Kinda cute in a
1984 way.

Hmm, other favorite names:

	Big Fat Pet Clams from Outer Space
	Human Sexual Response
	Noys R Us
	Circle Jerks
	Nervous Eaters
	Soft White Underbelly
	Barry and the Remains
	Average White Band

When the Grateful Dead was in Egypt, they jokingly called themselves
the Baksheesh Rhythm Devils.  (Baksheesh is the words for tip/bribe
money, in return for services great and small, common in the region.)

The Uncle Floyd Show had lots of band spoofs:

	Bruce Stringbean, Abbot Presley, Neil Yuck,
	Legalmania, Pot Roast...  Great satires.

The Who, Yes, and the Rolling Stones are fun names, but we're so
used to them.

	Andy Tannenbaum   Masscomp Inc  Westford MA   (617) 692-6200 x274

cdelliot@uokvax.UUCP (06/06/84)

#R:masscomp:-26900:uokvax:4000037:000:60
uokvax!cdelliot    Jun  6 00:34:00 1984

	What about "Pink Floyd"?  That one always fascinates me.