[comp.sys.apple] public domain bbses

GREYELF@WPI.BITNET (03/23/89)

Geva (Geva who?) writes:

>I have one PD BBS (Olympia, I think it's called) and two shareware
>BBS's (the Magic City one that comes with Modemworks, and another whose name
>escapes me for the moment.) At least 2 of these have the features you need.
>If you drop me your USMAIL address in Email, I'll pop them all along to you
>in the post.

>%%%%
> Geva
>  %%%%

Please send them to apple2-l so we can all see/try them.  I'm
sure many people would REALLY appreciate it, I've heard many,
many requests from people looking for public domain/shareware
bbses.

--
Michael J Pender Jr  Box 1942 c/o W.P.I.        I wrote SHELL, send bug
greyelf@wpi.bitnet   100 Institute Rd.          reports, suggestions, cash,

P.S.  I help people too.

Geva_Apple-Maniac_Patz@cup.portal.com (03/26/89)

> Geve who?

Geva Patz, actually. I'll see about putting them in comp.binaries.apple2
some day when I'm feeling brave (I haven't got access to apple2-l). It's
just that I have a 1200 baud modem and it would take days fotDr me to upload
them all. Fear not; I'll upload at least one of them as soon as I havee the
time.

%%%%
 Geva
  %%%%

ldcol@PacBell.COM (Larry D Colton) (03/27/89)

In article <16227@cup.portal.com> Geva_Apple-Maniac_Patz@cup.portal.com writes:
>Geva Patz, actually. I'll see about putting them in comp.binaries.apple2
>some day when I'm feeling brave (I haven't got access to apple2-l). It's
>just that I have a 1200 baud modem and it would take days fotDr me to upload
>them all. Fear not; I'll upload at least one of them as soon as I havee the
>time.
> Geva

When you decide to upload the BBS's, remember that ModemWorks is NOT shareware
and cannot be distributed via the net.  I don't think the BBS included on the
ModemWorks disk is of any value without ModemWorks, it certainly cannot be run
nor tested without ModemWorks.

Thanks.

--
Larry Colton                {att,bellcore,sun,ames,pyramid}!pacbell!ldcol