[comp.sys.apple] color monitors

jshaver@APG-5.ARPA (John Science Fiction & Resume Service Shaver) (06/24/87)

I have been away from the Apple Color Monitor question for years.  Is there
a color monitor which I could get that will equal the 10" monitor I have
on the PC-AT Clone (actually a Vectra by HP) in resolution and ease of use.

John

CS656@OUACCVMB.BITNET (12/03/88)

RE: Color monitors for the //E,C.
I wanted a color monitor for games,but when it comes to 80 column I'm spoiled
by my //C monitor. I bought a Magnavox Color Monitor 40 for $180 and  ran my
monitor cable to a switch which "y's" to them both. It's the best of both
worlds at a very low cost.

>Date:         Wed, 5 Apr 89 09:55:00 EDT
>From:         Roller Skating Maniac <ATKINSON@RUBY.VCU.EDU>
>
>[...]
>Secondly, what do I need to add color to my IIe? A card? monitor? both?

Just a regular ("composite") color monitor will do it.  You may not
be able to read 80 column text to well on a composite color monitor
(but then I haven't paid a lot of attention to them lately--I have an
RGB w/ a GS).

>Luther Atkinson                      Virginia Commonwealth University
>Bitnet: Atkinson@Vcuvax              I-net: Atkinson@Ruby.vcu.edu

 --David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
   DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
   P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
   North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons