From: comparc@twwells.uucp (comp.archives)
Subject: UUCP clone report

Here is the first version of the summary of information about UUCP
clones. Some of my information is incomplete; I'd appreciate any
improvements and additions to this. In particular, I'd like to know
which archives makes these UUCP's available.

Some people sent me mail to tell me of commercially available
products. You'll note that they are not included here; comp.archives
is limited to freely distributable software. Shareware is fine,
however.

An asterisk in column 1 means that I've included some of the
documentation for that UUCP later in this article.

*Amiga UUCP/UseNet  Amiga            Mail and news.
*gnuucp             BSD, SysV, VMS   Mail and uuxqt. Presumably you can
		    MS-DOS, Atari    run news if you have software that
                    CP/M-80, Amiga   uuxqt can run.
mailtruk            Atari            ??????
*UFGATE             MS-DOS           Uucp, mail, news, and FidoNet gateway.
*UUPC               MS-DOS           Mail. (I have an old version only, so
                                     I don't know what else is available.)
uuslave             ?????            ??????

[more stuff here]
*****

The full article is 300 lines long; I'll mail it to anyone interested (or
just look for Apr 10 articles in comp.archives).

--
fadden@cory.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden)
...!ucbvax!cory!fadden