[comp.sys.apple] Processor.. Really...

kg5927@BROCK1P.BITNET (Karl Gaston) (04/05/89)

    Anyhow, all I need is one two good answers to two good questions..

Ready:

Can you replace a 6502 with a 65802 without any rewiring???

If so, where do you get one???

Please reply....

Thanks....
+  Karl Gaston :                                   +
+  BITNET:  KG5927@BROCK1P.BITNET                  +
+  Disclaimer : I don't need one because I have no +
+   one else to represent!!! /\/\/\/\/\:)          +
+--------------------------------------------------

brianw@microsoft.UUCP (Brian Willoughby) (04/11/89)

In article <8904032041.aa03380@SMOKE.BRL.MIL>, kg5927@BROCK1P.BITNET (Karl Gaston) writes:
> Can you replace a 6502 with a 65802 without any rewiring???
The 65C802 is pin compatible, and designed for just what you intend to do...
pop it into a 6502 socket and compute away. My home-made II+ clone required
a 10uF capacitor from the RESET line to ground for proper warm reset operation.
(I've been meaning to call Western Design Center to complain that thier CMOS
design doesn't include protection from latchup due to over- or under-supply
voltage on input pins).

> If so, where do you get one???

JameCo Electronics, 1355 Shoreway Road, Belmont, CA 94002
(415) 592-8097  24-hour Order Hotline  $20.00 minimum
sold me a 65C802 for $15.95.
I'm not playing favorites, since I don't personally know of another source.
I don't work for JameCo, but I've spent over $600 mail order with them, so I
know I won't get in trouble recommending them.

Brian Willoughby                        microsoft!brianw@uunet.UU.NET
                or                      uw-beaver!microsoft!brianw
                or just                 microsoft!brianw