[comp.sys.apple] GS/OS documentation

>Date:         Sun, 9 Apr 89 14:54:57 EDT
>From:         hentosh%amethyst.bucknell.edu@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
>Subject:      GS/OS Manual
>
>What toolbox routines, if any, are nessary for GS/OS operation (with out the
>finder). And how can I obtain a GS/OS tech manual and for how much?
>
>-- BITNET : hentosh@amethyst.bucknell.edu
>            hentoshr@bknlvms.bitnet
>   AppleLink PE : RobertH128

The tool locator and memory manager are about the only toolsets GS/OS
needs.  Possibly Misc Tools and Integer Math, too, but you don't
really need to worry about those.

You can get both volumes of the GS/OS Tech Reference from APDA:
1-800-282-APDA.  I'd tell you how much it costs, but I already
packed my APDAlog.  Vol 2 may not be shipping yet.  Soon, probably.

 --David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
   DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
   P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
   North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons

wombat@claris.com (Scott Lindsey) (04/12/89)

From article <8904102058.aa02838@SMOKE.BRL.MIL>, by AWCTTYPA@UIAMVS.BITNET ("David A. Lyons"):
> You can get both volumes of the GS/OS Tech Reference from APDA:
> 1-800-282-APDA.  I'd tell you how much it costs, but I already
> packed my APDAlog.  Vol 2 may not be shipping yet.  Soon, probably.

According to p. C-14 of the Winter '89 APDALog, a beta draft of each volume
is $35. That's $70 for both.

Note that vol. 1 comes with a copy of GS/OS & the new exerciser.

--
Scott Lindsey     |"Cold and misty morning. I heard a warning borne in the air
Claris Corp.      |    About an age of power when no one had an hour to spare"

farrier@Apple.COM (Cary Farrier) (04/12/89)

In article <8904102058.aa02838@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> AWCTTYPA@UIAMVS.BITNET ("David A. Lyons") writes:
>The tool locator and memory manager are about the only toolsets GS/OS
>needs.  Possibly Misc Tools and Integer Math, too, but you don't
>really need to worry about those.

	And the System Loader, too.

| This message does in no way reflect the views or opinions of   |
| any organization.  In fact, they illustrate just how           |
| disorganized things really are.                                |