[comp.sys.apple] ][+ UnShrinkit

lar@usl-pc.usl.edu (Robert Lane A.) (04/10/89)

In article <8904050455.AA12319@batman.moravian.edu> nicholaA@moravian.EDU writes:
>>P.S. Has anybody had trouble with IIplus unShrink?  I can get to the bit where
>>you select the file in the archive to be extracted but then the program seems
>>to stop and won't respond to any key except RESET;  that takes me back to the
>>start.
>
>Have you tried plugging something into your joystick port?  It seems that on
>some Basis 108 machines (and possibly other Apple ][+ clones), the softswitch
>area does strange things to those who read it as opposed to "normal" apples.

I have the exact same problem running II+ UnShrinkit 1.1 on an
honest-to-goodness Apple ][+ (64k, rev 4 motherboard) with a
joystick always plugged in. Have yet to get it to work. Any
other ideas?

Lane

Lane Robert         lar@usl.usl.edu        ...!{killer, dalsqnt}!usl!lar
University of Southwestern Louisiana Computing Center

nicholaA@moravian.EDU (04/12/89)

>I have the exact same problem running II+ UnShrinkit 1.1 on an
>honest-to-goodness Apple ][+ (64k, rev 4 motherboard) with a
>joystick always plugged in. Have yet to get it to work. Any
>other ideas?

Use V1.2 of ][+ UnShrinkIT

>Lane

>Lane Robert         lar@usl.usl.edu        ...!{killer, dalsqnt}!usl!lar
>University of Southwestern Louisiana Computing Center

----
Andy Nicholas                     CsNET: shrinkit@moravian.edu
Box 435, Moravian College      InterNET: shrinkit%moravian.edu@relay.cs.net
Bethlehem, PA  18018               uucp: rutgers!lafcol!lehi3b15!mc70!shrinkit
----                           ALink PE: shrinkit

dvac@drutx.ATT.COM (Daniel Vachon) (04/13/89)

In article <263@usl-pc.usl.edu>, lar@usl-pc.usl.edu (Robert Lane A.) writes:

>>P.S. Has anybody had trouble with IIplus unShrink?  I can get to the bit where
>>you select the file in the archive to be extracted but then the program seems
>>to stop and won't respond to any key except RESET;  that takes me back to the
>>start.
>
> I have the exact same problem running II+ UnShrinkit 1.1 on an
> honest-to-goodness Apple ][+ (64k, rev 4 motherboard) with a
> joystick always plugged in. Have yet to get it to work. Any
> other ideas?

It comes up, I select to unshrink a file, it comes up and tells me it is a
full disk, so I select it (space bar) and press (return) and it locks up.
I have tried this with several Shrunk files and always get the same result
when I tell it to go do it's dirty work.  I have a Franklin 1000  w/a Sider
HD and a DIsk II trying to unshrink from Sider to Disk II.  Am I doing some-
thing wrong?

-Dan      !att!drutx!dvac

rob@lucifer.UUCP (Rob Clive) (04/13/89)

In article <263@usl-pc.usl.edu> lar@usl-pc.usl.edu (Robert Lane A.) writes:
>In article <8904050455.AA12319@batman.moravian.edu> nicholaA@moravian.EDU writes:
>>>P.S. Has anybody had trouble with IIplus unShrink?
>>Have you tried plugging something into your joystick port?
>
>I have the exact same problem running II+ UnShrinkit 1.1 on an
>honest-to-goodness Apple ][+ (64k, rev 4 motherboard) with a
>joystick always plugged in. Have yet to get it to work. Any
>other ideas?

Almost the same here.  (I wrote the original question.)  I have a ][+
clone but otherwise the same situation applies - the joystick is always
plugged in.  Incidentally, IIplus UnShrink versions 1.0 and 1.1 behave the
same.  I also received 1.1 via 2 routes (once via Apple2-L and once via
comp.binaries.apple2) and they both did the same: nothing :-)  As Lane
says 'Any other ideas?'
Rob Clive.					UUCP:	mcvax!ukc!lucifer!rob
Lucas Diesel Systems, Cirencester	 Most others:	rob%lucifer@ukc.ac.uk
Gloucestershire, GL7 1QG, UK.				      Now read on....