[comp.sys.apple] Apple's marketing

V131Q5CG@UBVMSC.CC.BUFFALO.EDU (John Taylor) (04/14/89)

>Date: Thu, 13 Apr 89 15:03:44 EST
>From: Murph Sewall <SEWALL%UCONNVM.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
>Subject: Re: Beware

[...]

>I know this ain't "apple2" folks, but a little economic awareness can make
>you a smarter computer shopper -- depending on what you REALLY need to do
>with your computer, you may find that always having *last year's* technology
>is far more economically efficient

	Or having 1985 technology is even more efficent. Add a zip chip or
rocket chip, and it's even better; now if someone would just offer a math
co-processor for the ][e...

>-- or when a '486 PC for under $10,000
>is released I'll finally be able to afford a 25 MHz '386 ;-) ]

	Why is it that a computer's quality is characterized by it
microprocessor? It's the architecture, fundamentally, that makes the major
difference (assuming relatively equivalent CPU's, i.e. 68030=80386). This
hangup with numbers only hurts the consumer {and it ruins the method for
attacking the PS/2 line -- it's bus}.
	No offense intended, Murph...

>Murph Sewall                       Vaporware? ---> [Gary Larson returns 1/1/90]
>41 49N 72 15W [ICBM]
	        ^^^^
 Oh, cute!!

John Taylor -- SUNY at Buffalo