[comp.sys.apple] GS Disassemblers

shankar@bedrock.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Son of Knuth) (04/16/89)

Are there any 65816 disassemblers available (preferable PD or shareware)?
Also, it should work under APW.
---
Subash Shankar             Honeywell Systems & Research Center
voice: (612) 782 7558      US Snail: 3660 Technology Dr., Minneapolis, MN 55418
shankar@src.honeywell.com  srcsip!shankar

labc-3dc@e260-3f.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden) (04/16/89)

In article <20514@srcsip.UUCP> shankar@bedrock.UUCP (Son of Knuth) writes:

>Are there any 65816 disassemblers available (preferable PD or shareware)?
>Also, it should work under APW.

That could mean one of two things...

Something like Nifty List, which disassembles the code your're listing just
like the monitor does (although with more info, better formatting, etc.)

Something that comes with Merlin 16, which converts 65816 code into Merlin
assembly source.

The first is shareware, the second will cost you something.

--
fadden@cory.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden)
...!ucbvax!cory!fadden

In article <20514@srcsip.UUCP> shankar@bedrock.UUCP (Son of Knuth) writes:

>Are there any 65816 disassemblers available (preferable PD or shareware)?
>Also, it should work under APW.

You can use DUMPOBJ under APW to get a 65816 disassembly of an OMF file; it's
part of the APW package.  Type "HELP DUMPOBJ" for more information on it.

---
>Subash Shankar             Honeywell Systems & Research Center
>voice: (612) 782 7558      US Snail: 3660 Technology Dr., Minneapolis, MN 55418
>shankar@src.honeywell.com  srcsip!shankar
Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions expressed in this tome
Send PERSONAL mail ONLY (please) to:  | should not be construed to imply that
AppleLink PE: Matt DTS  GEnie: AIIDTS | Apple Computer, Inc., or any of its
CompuServe: 76703,3030                | subsidiaries, in whole or in part,
Usenet:  mattd@apple.com              | have any opinion on any subject."
UUCP:  (other stuff)!ames!apple!mattd | "So there."

>The first is shareware, the second will cost you something.

PLEASE NOTE, you are obligated to pay for shareware too if you use it!

Murph Sewall                       Vaporware? ---> [Gary Larson returns 1/1/90]
Prof. of Marketing     Sewall@UConnVM.BITNET
Business School        sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu          [INTERNET]
U of Connecticut       {psuvax1 or mcvax }!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL     [UUCP]
           (203) 486-5246 [FAX] (203) 486-2489 [PHONE] 41 49N 72 15W [ICBM]

-+- I don't speak for my employer, though I frequently wish that I could

farrier@Apple.COM (Cary Farrier) (04/17/89)

In article <20514@srcsip.UUCP> shankar@bedrock.UUCP (Son of Knuth) writes:

>Are there any 65816 disassemblers available (preferable PD or shareware)?
>Also, it should work under APW.

	Why not use the monitor that comes in the firmware?  If you want
	to dissassemble a program that resides on disk, then write a small
	program which makes an InitialLoad() call to the System Loader,
	then tells you the address of the code.  Then enter the monitor
	and list it out at that address.

Cary Farrier
| This message does in no way reflect the views or opinions of   |
| any organization.  In fact, they illustrate just how           |
| disorganized things really are.                                |