[comp.sys.apple] third button

GREYELF@WPI.BITNET (04/13/89)

Unless my memory is flawed (Dendrite Mish-mash error)
the third button is used nowadays as the mouse button.

I believe the two joystick capability is no longer a II ability
as of the IIe, is anybody out there sure?

cbdougla@uokmax.UUCP (Collin Broadrick Douglas) (04/15/89)

In article <8904131449.AA09531@wpi> GREYELF@WPI.BITNET writes:
>Unless my memory is flawed (Dendrite Mish-mash error)
>the third button is used nowadays as the mouse button.
>
>I believe the two joystick capability is no longer a II ability
>as of the IIe, is anybody out there sure?

    well, I've got two joysticks on my GS (with the joystick 2 using the
    third button) so I assume it also works on the //e.

					Collin

GREYELF@WPI.BITNET (04/15/89)

>It looks as if your memory is flawed.  The mouse button has anothing to do
>with paddle button 2 (i.e., the third button).  The mouse and paddles have
>nothing to do with each other.  The paddles were conceived and built into
>II+'s and //e's long before the mouse was created.

>--
>Mike Jetzer
>"Hack first, ask questions later."

NOPE, WRONGO MARYLOU!!!

I just went and checked it out, $C063 IS the mouse button, a.k.a. button
#2.  Unlike the other buttons (0 and 1) its value is usually > 127,
and drops BELOW 128 when the button is pressed.

I just checked it myself.  To check it from basic just peek(49251).

--
Michael J Pender Jr  Box 1942 c/o W.P.I.        I wrote SHELL and Daemon,
greyelf@wpi.bitnet   100 Institute Rd.          send bug reports, suggestions,

People keep asking me if Shell or Daemon are compatible with the IIc, IIe.
YES, I wrote them on my Laser 128.  Now Daemon also works on the GS.
Tell you what, you buy me a gs, I'll write stuff for it...
I guess the only apple Daemon doesn't work on is a mac (heh, heh).

In article <8904150204.AA18360@wpi> GREYELF@WPI.BITNET writes:

>I just went and checked it out, $C063 IS the mouse button, a.k.a. button
>#2.  Unlike the other buttons (0 and 1) its value is usually > 127,
>and drops BELOW 128 when the button is pressed.
>
>I just checked it myself.  To check it from basic just peek(49251).

This is similar to that thing a couple of weeks ago where you insisted that
hitting a softswitch specific to slot four would cause VBL interrupts to
start.  This may be true on your Laser, but it is *not* true of Apple IIs
in general.

The same goes for this "$C063 is the mouse button".  Not on Apple IIs it
isn't.

>--
>Michael J Pender Jr  Box 1942 c/o W.P.I.        I wrote SHELL and Daemon,
>greyelf@wpi.bitnet   100 Institute Rd.          send bug reports, suggestions,
>greyelf@wpi.wpi.edu  Worcester, Ma 01609        checks to me.

Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions expressed in this tome
Send PERSONAL mail ONLY (please) to:  | should not be construed to imply that
AppleLink PE: Matt DTS  GEnie: AIIDTS | Apple Computer, Inc., or any of its
CompuServe: 76703,3030                | subsidiaries, in whole or in part,
Usenet:  mattd@apple.com              | have any opinion on any subject."
UUCP:  (other stuff)!ames!apple!mattd | "So there."

reeder@reed.UUCP (Doug Reeder) (04/19/89)

The apple II,II+, and IIe support 3 buttons, four analog inputs, and
a couple of outputs on the interior DIP connector.
The IIe and IIc support two analog inputs and 2 buttons on the
external D connector.  On the IIc, the D connector also supports the mouse.

--
Doug Reeder                         USENET: ...!tektronix!reed!reeder
Institute of Knowledge, Jinx        BITNET: reeder@reed.BITNET