[comp.sys.apple] bad block problem, one more time

TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL (04/23/89)

OK, what do I do now gang?  GS/OS's verify volume function repeatedly
tells me that block 16384 is bad.  ProSel's Mr.  Fixit says it is just
fine, and I get no error when I try to read it directly with Block
Warden.  Using the block map I found what file it is in; Copy2+'s verify
file says the file is just fine.  (Its somewhere in the large file I
have allocated for MSDOS under the Pc Transporter.)

TMPLee@dockmaster.arpa

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (04/23/89)

In article <890422174016.260647@DOCKMASTER.ARPA> TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL writes:
>OK, what do I do now gang?  GS/OS's verify volume function repeatedly
>tells me that block 16384 is bad.

Odds are that it's just fine.  I had similar problems when the Finder
ran out of disk space while copying a directory full of stuff.  After
reformatting from scratch (i.e. all the way back to partitioning etc.)
the disk was finally made acceptable to GS/OS again.