[comp.sys.apple] ProSEL / Beach Comber

jerryk@pro-beagle.cts.com (Jerry Kindall) (04/24/89)

pnet01!crash!csd4.milw.wisc.edu!sjklafke (Scott James Klafke) writes:

>I do have one gripe though, the Beach.Comber 32 (for 60 meg hd's)
>will ONLY work on a GS, which I don't have, but until the 30 meg
>partition is over 20 megs, Beach.Comber 20 does the job nicely.

The new version of EasyDrive from Quality Computers includes a disk optimizer
which will work with any size of ProDOS disk, and requires only 128K.
Unfortunately the package is a little more expensive than ProSEL, I think it's
around $60.  Also, because it DOESN'T use huge amounts of RAM, it's quite a
bit slower than Beach Comber.  It does, however, have a "directory optimizing
only" mode which provides many of the benefits of optimization in much less
time.

/\
  \/  Jerry Kindall

jerryk@pro-beagle.cts.com