[comp.sys.apple] FTP'ing Apple Programs

SAC.2001CS-SCTC@E.ISI.EDU (KI Sawyer Small Computer Center) (04/24/89)

Looking for a good source to FTP (ANONYMOUS) Apple files.  Any thing
almost for Apple //'s and Desk top accesseories for //GS's.

Also, anyone have a Kermit program for Apple //e's.  All I have
is an Alpha test version of 3.75...

 Lee Coin
 Internet:  SAC.2001CS-SCTC@E.ISI.EDU
  SomeDay:  S2001CS_SCTC@SACEMNET.ARPA
 Bell Net:  (906) 346-1364  (AV) 472-1364
Snail Net:  2001 CS/XPC, K.I. SAWYER AFB, MI
            49843-6346

    Any opinions, facts, fantasies, and/or lies which may, or may not,
    have been expressed in this posting or elsewhere, may or may not
    belong to myself, my employer, the building management, the US Air
    Force, Marquette County, public and/or private utilities serving
    such, the State of Michigan, the USA, or God himself.  No other
    warranties apply, implied or stated.  For further information, call
    1(800)HOO-HAHA.

>Looking for a good source to FTP (ANONYMOUS) Apple files.  Any thing
>almost for Apple //'s and Desk top accesseories for //GS's.

GAD I'm getting tired of seeing this question.  How many times has the
answer been posted this week (once earlier today for sure)?

How about 8 or 9 thousand of the 12,000 of you the USENET statistics
say are reading this feed send him the answer :-)  Anyway, someone else
answer it for the next week or so.

Murph Sewall                       Vaporware? ---> [Gary Larson returns 1/1/90]
Prof. of Marketing     Sewall@UConnVM.BITNET
Business School        sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu          [INTERNET]
U of Connecticut       {psuvax1 or mcvax }!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL     [UUCP]
           (203) 486-5246 [FAX] (203) 486-2489 [PHONE] 41 49N 72 15W [ICBM]

-+- I don't speak for my employer, though I frequently wish that I could

stern@oak.cis.ohio-state.edu (jeffrey a stern) (04/24/89)

In article <[E.ISI.EDU]23-Apr-89.18:51:02.SAC.2001CS-SCTC>
   SAC.2001CS-SCTC@E.ISI.EDU (KI Sawyer Small Computer Center) writes:

>Looking for a good source to FTP (ANONYMOUS) Apple files.  Any thing
>almost for Apple //'s and Desk top accesseories for //GS's.
>
>Also, anyone have a Kermit program for Apple //e's.  All I have
>is an Alpha test version of 3.75...
>

> Lee Coin
> Internet:  SAC.2001CS-SCTC@E.ISI.EDU
>  SomeDay:  S2001CS_SCTC@SACEMNET.ARPA
> Bell Net:  (906) 346-1364  (AV) 472-1364
>Snail Net:  2001 CS/XPC, K.I. SAWYER AFB, MI
>            49843-6346
>
>    ===================================================================
>    Any opinions, facts, fantasies, and/or lies which may, or may not,
>    have been expressed in this posting or elsewhere, may or may not
>    belong to myself, my employer, the building management, the US Air
>    Force, Marquette County, public and/or private utilities serving
>    such, the State of Michigan, the USA, or God himself.  No other
>    warranties apply, implied or stated.  For further information, call
>    1(800)HOO-HAHA.
>    --------------------------------------------------------------------

I can answer both questions for you, Lee.  A good place to start is

	CUNIXC.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU

where you can get the latest kermit versions, by answering the first prompt
for "name" with "anonymous", and the second prompt for "password" with
your userid (I would answer stern@cis.ohio-state.edu). Then "cd" to kermit
and then "cd" to a.  You can then say "send appmai.hex" and other sends
to get the kermit files you need.  I believe the latest kermit files up
are for 3.85.  I qualify this info with a warning that I believe this
version, as I downloaded it, destroyed a subdirectory of mine on my hard-
disk earlier this week, so beware.  However, this may have been a fault of
mine, of course.

There are other good sources for other Apple files, like

	husc6.harvard.edu

and others.

See articles 10427 and 10428 in comp.sys.apple if your system
supports messages back that far.  Finally, mail SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET
(Murph Sewall)for more information.  He's pretty up on this stuff.

Hope this helps.

Jeff Stern.