[comp.sys.apple] MW-type BBS

rs.miller@pro-newfrontier.UUCP (Randy Miller) (04/23/89)

The only other ModemWorks-based BBS I know of (other than ProLine) are Pat
Sonnek's SBBS and Jeff Jungblutt's Avalon Messaging System.  I am currently
beta testing Avalon and attempting to get the documentation completed for this
package.  According to jeff (and you can reach him by sending mail to
jeffj@pro-avalon, crash!pro-avalon!jeffj or jeffj@pro-avalon.cts.com) this
program will probably be distributed as freeware, WITH THE PROVISO THAT YOU
PURCHASE OR CURRENTLY OWN A COPY OF ModemWorks.  As soon as the beta testing
and the documentation is finished, I shall be posting AMS to the net.
Randy Miller
rs.miller@pro-newfrontier
rs.miller@pro-harvest

aragorn@blake.acs.washington.edu (Michael Owen) (04/25/89)

In article <8904230736.AA08468@crash.cts.com> pnet01!pro-sol!pro-newfrontier!rs.miller@nosc.mil writes:
>The only other ModemWorks-based BBS I know of (other than ProLine) are Pat
>Sonnek's SBBS and Jeff Jungblutt's Avalon Messaging System.

I just got ahold of SBBS and after a quick run-through (albeit clumsily without
the proper documentation), thought that it wasn't worth the $69 or whatever the
author wanted.  I think a lot more could have been done with ModemWorks and the
dozens of useful commands and shortcuts you find in it.

I've never heard of AMS, but will definately take a good look at it when it's
posted to the net.

>Randy Miller
>rs.miller@pro-newfrontier
>rs.miller@pro-harvest

       />    The Broken Blade           Aragorn III (Michael Owen)
      /< ________ ______________        aragorn@blake.acs.washington.edu
C=====[*>_______/|______________>       Starfleet HQ: (206) 783-5589
      \<                                3/12/24 8N1 24 hrs - A ModemWorks BBS