[comp.sys.apple] Apple //e Technote Graphics in PostScript form

blackman@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Scott Michael Blackman) (04/24/89)

I have just uploaded the six Apple //e technote graphics to Apple2-L in Apple
PostScript form.  They were created using MacDraw 1.9.5 on a Macintosh SE and
ported back over to the Apple and sent them.  If you have any problems getting
them to work, especially on a non-apple printer (like a Unix line printer),
feel free to drop a line.

Scott

blackman@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Scott Michael Blackman) (04/24/89)

Scott Blackman, 103 Forbes College  /  Princeton University
I have just discovered a proof of  /  blackman@phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Fermat's Last Theorem!  But it's  /  blackman@phoenix.UUCP, blackman@PUCC
too long to fit in this .sig...  /  ...allegra!princeton!(phoenix|pucc)!blackman

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (04/25/89)

In article <7917@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> blackman@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Scott Blackman) writes:
>I have just uploaded the six Apple //e technote graphics to Apple2-L in Apple
>PostScript form.  They were created using MacDraw 1.9.5 on a Macintosh SE and
>ported back over to the Apple and sent them.  If you have any problems getting
>them to work, especially on a non-apple printer (like a Unix line printer),
>feel free to drop a line.

And thanks to some VERY hard work by Jim Luther of DTS, we now have all the
IIe graphics converted to ASCII.  In addition, I've combed all the original
revision and the text files through March '89 to get rid of those last few
pesky tabs.  FTP sites and Apple2-L will be receiving these later this week
or early next week...

Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.         UUCP:  {amdahl,decwrl,sun,unisoft}!apple!mjohnson

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_

CYLau@UNCAMULT.BITNET (The Ultron) (04/25/89)

Speaking of PostScript, I've got PublishIt (the version with LaserWriter
+ postscript support), but I don't have a laser printer, my question is,
can I set my serial port for 2400, COMMUNICATIONS MODE, and preconnect
to the mainframe by modem and open a fast editor in input mode (the
mainframe has a postscript laser) then quit the term program, go into
PubIt and then tell the thing to print postscript to the modem instead??
will this work?  The manual doesn't mention anything about such a
process...  and it doesn't seem to be able to print into a file...

Chris

(p.s.  for those interested, the 2nd side of Hyper C will be posted this
weekend I've just been too bogged down in work and study to have posted
it earlier...  sorry for any inconvenience.  BTW, what IS the # for the
Tucson Chamber of Commerce??  if nobody has the guts to call them, get
me the # and I'll call and find out who currently holds the copyrights
to HyperC)

 The opinions expressed herein are    Replies to:
 entirely my  own, but they can be      CYLau@UNCAMULT.BITNET
 yours for only  $29.95 plus tax.*      CYLau%UNCAMULT@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
 (* where applicable.)                  (or whatever is on the header)