[comp.sys.apple] The games erver...

SELLSWORTH@HMCVAX.BITNET ("Scott, part time fuzzy") (04/25/89)

Would someone refresh my memory on something?  A while back, the load on
Brownvm was reduced by sending everything off to a seperate server.  I believe
this was brought about by the posting of Moria, but I can't quite recall.
Since the Dungeon Master maps will prbably go there, I have a vested interest
in finding it.

  1.  Are files sent to the games server sent out on the brownvm mailing list?
Some of the mail I had from the time suggested this.

  2.  Where is the critter?  I assume the same commands will work for getting
filelists and such...

  Probably E-mail replies would be best.
                                  Scott
                              SELLSWORTH@HMCVAX
                              sellswor@jarthur.claremont.bitnet

JDA@NIHCU.BITNET (Doug Ashbrook) (04/26/89)

>   1.  Are files sent to the games server sent out on the brownvm mailing list?
> Some of the mail I had from the time suggested this.
>
>   2.  Where is the critter?  I assume the same commands will work for getting
> filelists and such...

It is the GAMES-L filelist on the LISTSERV@UTARLVM1 list server.
According to Chris Chung's mail, all games that are sent to the
APPLE2-L list are being distributed but are then archived at UTARLVM1
instead of at BROWNVM.  You do not need to do anything different when
submitting a file as Chris will take care of it.

J. Douglas Ashbrook                                  (301) 496-5181
BITNET: JDA@NIHCU            ARPA: jda%nihcu.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
National Institutes of Health, Computer Center,  Bethesda, MD 20892