[comp.sys.apple] HD Backup II

STEIN@UCONNVM.BITNET (Alan Stein) (04/26/89)

  A letter in the May A2-Central mentioned a program called Backup II
which supposedly came with the Apple SCSI card.  This was news to me,
since the only program on the disk that came with my Apple SCSI card
was one that checks a hard disk.
  Am I missing a program that I should go back to my dealer and get?

Alan H. Stein              | stein@uconnvm.bitnet
Department of Mathematics  | stein%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
University of Connecticut  | ...psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!STEIN
32 Hillside Avenue         |
Waterbury, CT 06710        | Compu$erve  71545,1500
(203) 757-1231             | GEnie       ah.stein

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (04/26/89)

In article <8904252238.aa11566@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> STEIN@UCONNVM.BITNET (Alan Stein) writes:
>  A letter in the May A2-Central mentioned a program called Backup II
>which supposedly came with the Apple SCSI card.  This was news to me,
>since the only program on the disk that came with my Apple SCSI card
>was one that checks a hard disk.

You're lucky you got any software at all!  Early SCSI card purchasers
didn't.

Apple's Backup II program used to be marketed as a separate product.
Recently I've seen a revised version posted on various information
services (I think CIS, ALPE, and Genie).  I don't know what all the
revisions were; I think the current release is Rev. 1.1.1.

Backup II does work -- I've used it on my HD20SC.

JDA@NIHCU.BITNET (Doug Ashbrook) (04/26/89)

>   A letter in the May A2-Central mentioned a program called Backup II
> which supposedly came with the Apple SCSI card.  This was news to me,
> since the only program on the disk that came with my Apple SCSI card
> was one that checks a hard disk.
>   Am I missing a program that I should go back to my dealer and get?

As I recall, the Backup II program was on the same disk as the
program that verifies the drive.  However, if you own ProSel, I would
strongly recommend it's backup programs over Backup II.

J. Douglas Ashbrook                                  (301) 496-5181
BITNET: JDA@NIHCU            ARPA: jda%nihcu.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
National Institutes of Health, Computer Center,  Bethesda, MD 20892