[comp.sys.apple] Yes's 90125 album cover

ART100@PSUVM.BITNET ("Andy Tefft 862-6728", 814) (04/24/89)

90125 was on sale this weekend on CD so I bought it. In the booklet
it says:

"Original album art: Sleeve produced by Garry Mouat @ Assorted Images
Cover image produced on Robograph 1000 system utilising Apple IIe
64K RAM micro-computer and Bitstik controller. Plotted same size
on HP7580B line plotter at 10 cm/sec courtesy Robocom Ltd. London.

I looked inside my old tape (5 years or so?) and it says the same
thing, I just never noticed it before...

So our little Apple //e has done something rather large in this world,
eh?  And I bet, since this was only 64K, it was UNenhanced...

And that cover doesn't LOOK like it was done on a micro! ;-)

Andy

cbdougla@uokmax.UUCP (Collin Broadrick Douglas) (04/27/89)

In article <8904240859.aa07111@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> ART100%psuvm.psu.edu@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:
>90125 was on sale this weekend on CD so I bought it. In the booklet
>it says:
>
>"Original album art: Sleeve produced by Garry Mouat @ Assorted Images
>Cover image produced on Robograph 1000 system utilising Apple IIe
>64K RAM micro-computer and Bitstik controller. Plotted same size
>on HP7580B line plotter at 10 cm/sec courtesy Robocom Ltd. London.
>
>I looked inside my old tape (5 years or so?) and it says the same
>thing, I just never noticed it before...
>
>So our little Apple //e has done something rather large in this world,
>eh?  And I bet, since this was only 64K, it was UNenhanced...
>
>And that cover doesn't LOOK like it was done on a micro! ;-)
>
>Andy

   you might be interested to know of some other things our little ol'
   Apples have done.  First, a man named Don Dorsey has done two albums
   using an Apple II as a sequencer:  Bach Busters and Betoven or Bust.

   Also, the group Genesis used an Apple II+ to run their ENTIRE light show
   for several years (at least until they got a dedicated controller)

   Santana (I believe) used to use the Alphasyntauri synthesizer that was
   out for the II series (at least I believe it was Santana, I will
   look it up.)

   I just though I'd add these intersting things to your post.

			Collin

Jerry.Kindall@f10.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Jerry Kindall) (04/27/89)

You'd be surprised how many musicians use the Apple IIe.  Roger Powell, I
believe, did some stuff with it.  (He is/was Utopia's keyboardist.)  Also
Todd Rundgren wrote the software which Apple originally sold with the
Apple Graphics Tablet, while we're talking about Utopia.  Many other
artists such as Larry Fast (Synergy) use the Apple; Herbie Hancock once
was on the TV news in a story about synthesizers and he was using an
Apple IIe.  This was a long time ago, though.

- Jerry Kindall

--
Jerry Kindall  via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP:  ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!10!Jerry.Kindall