[comp.sys.apple] Star Lanes

andrewb@wpi.wpi.edu (Andrew J Bastien) (04/27/89)

I got a game from Apple Swap about four or five years ago for my Apple
2+ called Star Lanes.  You were give a map (8x12) with stars on it, and
the idea of the game was to form companies and make money by increasing
the size of these companies and buying stocks in them.

Does anyone know who originally wrote this game, how to get in contact with
the author, or what the status of the game is (i.e. PD or copyrighted)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

c08_d103@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Ex-God) (04/28/89)

Andrew J Bastien wrote:
>I got a game from Apple Swap about four or five years ago for my Apple
>2+ called Star Lanes....
>Does anyone know who originally wrote this game, how to get in contact with
>the author, or what the status of the game is (i.e. PD or copyrighted)?

I believe it's public domain, but I'm not positive.  I have a friend
who's very anti-piracy, and one of his disks has a sticker saying:
"All games on this disks are backups of copyrighted material except
for Star Lanes.  Please do not copy any copyrighted material from this
disk."

I don't know who wrote it or how to get in contact with him, but I
know the program's in BASIC, and I think the programmer's name is
included in a REM statement, so you might want to try listing it....

That's all the help I can give.

     -- Andrew Barnert (Andy Social/Andy Christ/Andy Matter/ex-God)
        ins_balb@jhunix/ins_balb@jhuvms/c08_d103@jhunix
The opinions expressed in this message are everyone's.  Especially yours.
"I can't go on -- I is sprung my brain!" -- Churchy laFemme (-- Walt Kelly)