[comp.sys.apple] Help w/ P-System & Videx Card

braun@cs.purdue.EDU (Matt Braun) (05/02/89)

Does someone out there have the answers to the following questions?
On a more relevant note, would they be willing to share them with me/the net?

1) What is/was the latest/last release of the P-system for apple ]['s?
Did apple abandon the P-system with the release of Instant Pascal?
Does anyone out there still use the P-system?  Why not? :-) ('cause of ProDOS?)

2) About two years ago, I bought a Videx compatable 80-column card.
Unfortunately the card came with NO technical specs.  So, I've looked at
the disassembled code from time to time, but the addressing scheme of the
thing is bloody obscure.  Does anyone know how to program this bozo?  How
to set inverse mode, etc.?

Whatever information you may have would be appreciated.  Either post the
replies, or send the mail to braun@cs.purdue.edu

Thanks in Advance,  (AdvTHANKSance)

					Matthew Braun

It's finals week here.  				"Ignorance is Bliss"
		  <--There's a connection here somewhere...-->

muller@Alliant.COM (Jim Muller) (05/03/89)

In <6691@medusa.cs.purdue.edu> braun@sequoia.cs.purdue.edu (Matt Braun) writes:

>1) What is/was the latest/last release of the P-system for apple ]['s?
>Did apple abandon the P-system with the release of Instant Pascal?
>Does anyone out there still use the P-system?  Why not? :-) ('cause of ProDOS?)

1) Last I heard, the p-system was at 1.3.  It has been a while, though.
2) I don't know.
3) I DO!!  I still use 1.2, but then, I don't have much time anymore.
    (I don't use ProDOS at all.)
--
    - Jim Muller

greyelf@WPI.WPI.EDU (Michael J Pender) (05/03/89)

>Does someone out there have the answers to the following questions?
>On a more relevant note, would they be willing to share them with me/the net?

>1) What is/was the latest/last release of the P-system for apple ]['s?
>Did apple abandon the P-system with the release of Instant Pascal?
>Does anyone out there still use the P-system?  Why not? :-) ('cause of
>ProDOS?)
>                                        Matthew Braun

I assume you're talking about Apple Pascal version 1.3

--
Michael J Pender Jr  Box 1942 c/o W.P.I.	I wrote SHELL and Daemon,
greyelf@wpi.bitnet   100 Institute Rd.		send bug reports, suggestions,