[net.movies] Buckaroo Bonzai pulled

barmar@mit-eddie.UUCP (Barry Margolin) (09/01/84)

In article <15300005@smu.UUCP> joe@smu.UUCP writes:
>[Buckaroo Bonzai] didn't do as well as
>expected; not disasterous, but not great either.
>
>Joe Ramey	convex!smu!joe

Well, I would have helped it do better if hey had bothered to open it in
the first place in my area.  And I'm not in the boondocks; I'm in
Boston!
--
    Barry Margolin
    ARPA: barmar@MIT-Multics

hawk@oliven.UUCP (09/06/84)

>>[Buckaroo Bonzai] didn't do as well as
>>expected; not disasterous, but not great either.
>>
>>Joe Ramey	convex!smu!joe
>
>Well, I would have helped it do better if hey had bothered to open it in
>the first place in my area.  And I'm not in the boondocks; I'm in
>Boston!

I've never even heard of this movie out of this newsgroup and I live in the
largest market in the country (San Jose, not LA.  We passed 'em a year or two
ago!).
--
   rick                                     (Rick Hawkins @ Olivetti ATC)
[hplabs|zehntel|fortune|ios|tolerant|allegra|tymix]!oliveb!oliven!hawk

garret@oddjob.UChicago.UUCP (Trisha O Tuama) (09/10/84)

*****

BB was reviewed in Newsweek (1-2 weeks ago) and The New Yorker (3-4
weeks back);  you'd think that would be adequate reason for nation-wide
release.

Gene voted yes; Roger voted no.

Trisha

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (09/11/84)

>Gene voted yes; Roger voted no.

I rest my case.

				"Just remember, he's SMARTER than you are!"
				"I have a Master's Degree!"
				"In SCIENCE!"

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA