[comp.sys.apple] Point-2-point v2.0

SAC.2001CS-SCTC@E.ISI.EDU (KI Sawyer Small Computer Center) (05/09/89)

Does any one know what emulation this package provides?  A friend
got the package with an old IIe he bought and a lot of the book
pages are missing.

(Sounds as good as some of the other lines I've heard: "I have 2 meg
of memory in my IIGS but I can't get my copy of dBase III+ to run up
...................................)

Lee Coin
SAC.2001CS-SCTC@E.ISI.EDU

bmah@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Bruce A. Mah) (05/09/89)

In article <[E.ISI.EDU].8-May-89.18:48:48.SAC.2001CS-SCTC> SAC.2001CS-SCTC@E.ISI.EDU (KI Sawyer Small Computer Center) writes:

>Does any one know what emulation this package provides?  A friend
>got the package with an old IIe he bought and a lot of the book
>pages are missing.

[funny one-liner deleted]

>Lee Coin
>SAC.2001CS-SCTC@E.ISI.EDU

I THINK, but I'm not sure, that Point-to-Point 2.x provides VT52 and
possibly VT100 emulation (I don't use the package myself, but I worked for
Pinpoint Publishing for about a year).  One thing's for sure, don't call
Pinpoint for any kind of technical support as they are no longer supporting
their Apple II line of products.

Note that Beagle Bros. just picked up Point-to-Point.  As I'm sure that Gary
Little is going to be making some changes in it, you might look into an
update if/when one becomes available.

I wonder if Beagle Bros. is going to change the name of P-t-P...as it stands
now it looks like Beagle Bros. will be publishing a program which bears half
of the name of one of its former competitors (e.g. Pinpoint vs. TimeOut).

-----
 Bruce A. Mah | CI$: 72406,350                       AppleLink PE: BruceAMah