[comp.sys.apple] Its a coup

MSER001@ECNCDC.BITNET (05/10/89)

Ah...its a mac coup.
Re: Info-Mac, its a dead-beat list.  More for archieving programs than
anything else.  System 7.0 stuff was put in it.  How come Apple II people
never want to know anything else about the world?  I am a Apple II person,
but like to know if the sun is out.  I also like to know that system 7
is really on its way.  Anyway...coup...This mac code no workly, how come?:
	er=Control(CdRef, 100,  fuPtr); /* ReadTOC */
It always comes back with -17.  No can do.

SOrry, but my scsi port for the gs has revision A rom, and I cant use the
cd player with the gs yes.
srh

> How come Apple II people
>never want to know anything else about the world?  I am a Apple II person,
>but like to know if the sun is out.

I'm happy to have (finally after most of the follow-up comments arrived)
Matt's press release about System 7.0, but I'm not much interested in
a detailed discussion about sources and prices of a 68551 etc...

Murph Sewall                       Vaporware? ---> [Gary Larson returns 1/1/90]
Prof. of Marketing     Sewall@UConnVM.BITNET
Business School        sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu          [INTERNET]
U of Connecticut       {psuvax1 or mcvax }!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL     [UUCP]
           (203) 486-5246 [FAX] (203) 486-2489 [PHONE] 41 49N 72 15W [ICBM]

-+- I don't speak for my employer, though I frequently wish that I could

blochowi@cat28.CS.WISC.EDU (Jason Blochowiak) (05/11/89)

In article <8905100951.aa14491@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> MSER001@ECNCDC.BITNET writes:
> [...]
>How come Apple II people never want to know anything else about the world?
	Uh, although there are some Apple II folks who aren't interested in
other systems, I don't think the number is particularly disproportionate to
people like that who own other systems... I don't mind seeing something that's
directly related to the Apple II (like, "New Mac system software has the ability
to read ProDOS disks"), and the occasional bit here and there (which includes
Mac Sys 7 info, which is more than a bit :), but the ensuing discussion doesn't
belong here. If I want a bunch of Mac info and opinions and the like, I'll go
read comp.sys.mac (or info-mac, or however you get it). I guess it's the
difference between being forced to wade through something versus being able to
wade through it as a matter of choice...
>I am a Apple II person, but like to know if the sun is out.
	The rest of us are just vampires :)
> [...]
>srh

		Jason Blochowiak (blochowi@garfield.cs.wisc.edu)