[comp.sys.apple] ACT

msimmond@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Mark) (05/11/89)

I just downloaded the posting of ACT (Apple Conferance Termianl) and when I used
Binscii it said the there was a bad CRC so I was hoping that somebody could send
me the second file. You can just E-mail me the file.

	Thanks
	  Mark Simmonds
	  msimmond@ub.d.umn.edu

shankar@bedrock.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Son of Knuth) (05/12/89)

In article <1063@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU> msimmond@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Mark) writes:
>I just downloaded the posting of ACT (Apple Conferance Termianl) and when I used
>Binscii it said the there was a bad CRC so I was hoping that somebody could send
>me the second file. You can just E-mail me the file.

You aren't happenning to be using Proterm Kermit -are you?
If so, I understand that there are lots of problems with Proterm Kermit and
BinScii files (although I haven't heard any explanations why).
I normally upload stuff to a Mac using Mac Kermit, and use Apple File
Exchange, and everything seems to work.  I understand that Columbia Univ.
Kermit also works.
---
Subash Shankar             Honeywell Systems & Research Center
voice: (612) 782 7558      US Snail: 3660 Technology Dr., Minneapolis, MN 55418
shankar@src.honeywell.com  srcsip!shankar