[comp.sys.apple] ACT, Proterm 2.x, and Shrinkit

V2071A@TEMPLEVM.BITNET ("George A. Piotrowski") (05/19/89)

> In article <1063@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU> msimmond@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Mark)
>    writes :
>> I just downloaded the posting of ACT (Apple Conferance Termianl)
>> and when I used Binscii it said the there was a bad CRC so I was
>> hoping that somebody could send >me the second file. You can just
>> E-mail me the file.

> You aren't happenning to be using Proterm Kermit -are you?
> If so, I understand that there are lots of problems with Proterm Kermit and
> BinScii files (although I haven't heard any explanations why).
> I normally upload stuff to a Mac using Mac Kermit, and use Apple File
> Exchange, and everything seems to work.  I understand that Columbia Univ.
> Kermit also works.
> ---
> Subash Shankar             Honeywell Systems & Research Center

     I don't know about anyone else, but I have been using Proterm 2.1
on both my Apple //e and ][gs with Kermit transfers only and VT100
emulation and have relatively few problems.  Once those small problems
were worked out (line noise), It has been working flawlessly.

I have downloaded some of the posts that have been made to the apple 2 list
and have used binsci and shrinkit without any problems.

Also, is Binsci 1.0.3 coming down soon.  I have heard something about but
it has not shown up in Apple2-l and that seems to be the only library
I can get at.

Also, I would like to say that I commend Andy Nicholas on his work on
shrinkit.  It is an excellent program and I hope he keeps up all the good
work.  And Andy, is there any news on your communications program that
you mentioned during your online conference on Genie.  And I think that
A2.Eric was definently asking to much to have a disk unpack to a hard
drive with shrinkit.

Well, I think I've rattled on enough for now.

George A. Piotrowski                       Bitnet:     V2071A@TEMPLEVM
Coordinator, Educational Computing Cntr    Genie:      G.PIOTROWSKI
Temple University                          CompuServe: 74046,1304
Philadelphia, PA 19122   (215) 787-6228

The opinions expressed are my own and do not have anything to do with
Temple University. (well, not much)

SUMMER    May:    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Wed,24)
 MOVIE    June:   Batman (Fri,23), Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
 WATCH    Summer: License to Kill (Bond), Lethal Weapon II,
                  Last of the Ghostbusters
          Soon:   Back to the Future II & III

    What else could you ask for in one Summer!!!!!!

nicholaA@moravian.EDU (05/21/89)

>And Andy, is there any news on your communications program that
>you mentioned during your online conference on Genie.  And I think that
>A2.Eric was definently asking to much to have a disk unpack to a hard
>drive with shrinkit.

My comm programs?  I'm not really at liberty to say much right now.  I haven't
gotten to work on them for quite a while though (been busy with college alot).

a2.eric wasn't the one that asked to unpack a whole disk onto a hard drive.  I
believe that was either a2.mark.c or a2.tyler.  Either way, it's darn well
impossible for _me_ to do.

>Well, I think I've rattled on enough for now.

Not at all.  The only thing rattling me right now is:

Finals.

>George A. Piotrowski                       Bitnet:     V2071A@TEMPLEVM

andy

>    What else could you ask for in one Summer!!!!!!

One could ask for but one one thing in a summer:  that is gets here quickly.

----
Andy Nicholas                 CsNET: shrinkit@moravian.edu
Box 435                    InterNET: shrinkit%moravian.edu@relay.cs.net
Moravian College               uucp: rutgers!lafcol!lehi3b15!mc70!shrinkit
Bethlehem, PA  18018          GEnie: shrinkit
----                   AppleLink PE: shrinkit