[comp.sys.apple] MIDI on Apple IIGS

lesky@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Joseph W Lesky) (05/21/89)

Does anyone know how to write a program implementing an Apple MIDI interface
on an Apple IIGS.  Do you just send the MIDI data to the serial port I/O queues?
If this is the case, does anyone have any source code showing how this could
be done (I'm not sure if I need to intialize the queues, etc.).  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

                                        -Joe

(lesky@vax1.acs.udel.EDU)

blochowi@cat28.CS.WISC.EDU (Jason Blochowiak) (05/21/89)

In article <3687@udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU> lesky@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Joseph W Lesky) writes:
>Does anyone know how to write a program implementing an Apple MIDI interface
>on an Apple IIGS?
	I'd suggest that you get the Toolbox Reference Update, from APDA - it
describes the proper way to deal with MIDI on the //gs (including some support
for sequencing - dunno how much, never really looked at the stuff). I would
assume that you have the staple Toolbox Reference manuals... If you're not an
APDA member, I somewhat reluctantly recommend that you join - can you say
"monopoly"? Good, I knew you could! (flames >/dev/null on this one - I realize
that APDA's existence is a good thing)
>(lesky@vax1.acs.udel.EDU)

		Jason Blochowiak (blochowi@garfield.cs.wisc.edu)
			"Not your average iconoclast..."