[comp.sys.apple] About those technotes...

awillis@pro-angmar.UUCP (Albert Willis) (05/22/89)

I had asked about Apple II technotes.....I downloaded them Saturday from
AppleLink Personal Edition. Both the March and May notes were released. I was
waiting to see the Audio Interchange File Format file type notes, but now I'm
almost sorry I wanted to, since they were a little complicated. Any one from
Apple want to summarize them a little? Thanks.

Albert Willis

obsolete!pro-angmar!awillis@bloom-beacon.mit.edu | AppleLink PE:  BCS Al
obsolete!pro-angmar!awillis@bu-it.bu.edu         | BCS Apple Connection:
pro-angmar!awillis@obsolete.uucp                 | 617/ 893-5681  [Al]

In article <8905220436.AA01271@obsolete.UUCP> awillis@pro-angmar.UUCP (Albert Willis) writes:
>I had asked about Apple II technotes.....I downloaded them Saturday from
>AppleLink Personal Edition. Both the March and May notes were released. I was
>waiting to see the Audio Interchange File Format file type notes, but now I'm
>almost sorry I wanted to, since they were a little complicated. Any one from
>Apple want to summarize them a little? Thanks.
>

>Albert Willis
>
>obsolete!pro-angmar!awillis@bloom-beacon.mit.edu | AppleLink PE:  BCS Al
>obsolete!pro-angmar!awillis@bu-it.bu.edu         | BCS Apple Connection:
>pro-angmar!awillis@obsolete.uucp                 | 617/ 893-5681  [Al]

I hate to tell you this, Al, but that is the summary.

I went through the original specification and reworked it in standard File
Type Note format, as well as adding extra explanatory notes for Apple II
developers (specifically) where I thought them appropriate.  It is the
complete specification, which you need to interpret the files, but it is
also tailored for the Apple II community.

If you want to see AIFF without any frills, the spec is available from APDA.

Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions expressed in this tome
Send PERSONAL mail ONLY (please) to:  | should not be construed to imply that
AppleLink PE: Matt DTS  GEnie: AIIDTS | Apple Computer, Inc., or any of its
CompuServe: 76703,3030                | subsidiaries, in whole or in part,
Usenet:  mattd@apple.com              | have any opinion on any subject."
UUCP:  (other stuff)!ames!apple!mattd | "So there."