[comp.sys.apple] In Search of the Apple II Dogcow

vernonw@dasys1.UUCP (Vernon L. Williams) (05/24/89)

There has been much hype in the Apple Developer Services about the evasive, but
ubiquitous Dogcow. As an Apple II owner I must admit I've only seen references
to the beast in Macintosh software and literature (and a DTS CD -- which I
can't read due to my lack of an Apple CD SCSI drive...) The question that I
pose to all my fellow enthusiasts in the Apple community is, where is the
legendary Apple II Dogcow?

I know that as the representative of all Apple II developers and enthusiasts,
the Applee II Dogcow is probably amazingly frisky and more likely to hide
itself from us "Dogcow seekers" by turning edgewise (it is 2D after all), but
why haven't I seen at least one?

Vernon L. Williams
Big Electric Cat Public Unix	New York City Education Network (NYCENET)
!cmc12!ccnysci!dasys1!vernonw	(3/12/2400 baud)  212-769-0550

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (05/25/89)

In article <9777@dasys1.UUCP> vernonw@dasys1.UUCP (Vernon L. Williams) writes:

>There has been much hype in the Apple Developer Services about the evasive, but
>ubiquitous Dogcow. As an Apple II owner I must admit I've only seen references
>to the beast in Macintosh software and literature (and a DTS CD -- which I
>can't read due to my lack of an Apple CD SCSI drive...) The question that I
>pose to all my fellow enthusiasts in the Apple community is, where is the
>legendary Apple II Dogcow?
>
>I know that as the representative of all Apple II developers and enthusiasts,
>the Applee II Dogcow is probably amazingly frisky and more likely to hide
>itself from us "Dogcow seekers" by turning edgewise (it is 2D after all), but
>why haven't I seen at least one?

It's even friskier than you can imagine ... but have patience.

Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.         UUCP:  {amdahl,decwrl,sun,unisoft}!apple!mjohnson

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_

In article <9777@dasys1.UUCP> vernonw@dasys1.UUCP (Vernon L. Williams) writes:

>There has been much hype in the Apple Developer Services about the evasive, but
>ubiquitous Dogcow. As an Apple II owner I must admit I've only seen references
>to the beast in Macintosh software and literature (and a DTS CD -- which I
>can't read due to my lack of an Apple CD SCSI drive...) The question that I
>pose to all my fellow enthusiasts in the Apple community is, where is the
>legendary Apple II Dogcow?
>
>I know that as the representative of all Apple II developers and enthusiasts,
>the Applee II Dogcow is probably amazingly frisky and more likely to hide
>itself from us "Dogcow seekers" by turning edgewise (it is 2D after all), but
>why haven't I seen at least one?
>

>--
>Vernon L. Williams
>Big Electric Cat Public Unix	New York City Education Network (NYCENET)
>!cmc12!ccnysci!dasys1!vernonw	(3/12/2400 baud)  212-769-0550

As Mark slyly hinted, the Apple II Dogcow is alive and well, if not elusive.
He seems to have spent more time on the Macintosh, but then I guess more of
those people regularly go grazing off the cliff, so he feels more at home.
:-)

I have seen the beastie, and perhaps you will too...if patient...

Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions expressed in this tome
Send PERSONAL mail ONLY (please) to:  | should not be construed to imply that
AppleLink PE: Matt DTS  GEnie: AIIDTS | Apple Computer, Inc., or any of its
CompuServe: 76703,3030                | subsidiaries, in whole or in part,
Usenet:  mattd@apple.com              | have any opinion on any subject."
UUCP:  (other stuff)!ames!apple!mattd | "So there."