[comp.sys.apple] Apple keyboard encoder

ralphw@ius3.ius.cs.cmu.edu (Ralph Hyre) (05/31/89)

In article <621@greens.UUCP> matthew@sunpix.UUCP ( Sun Visualization Products) writes:
>....  I've done something to my Apple //plus by ...
>adding a 2716 eprom in line with the keyboard output, before it reached the
>motherboard.... [details deleted]
>Now what did I use this for?  To add lowercase and shift-lock capabilities to the
>Apple ][plus keyboard.
Some versions of the ][plus keyboard encoder board have a place for another
switch.  With the switch intalled, you can actually generate lowercase
from they keyboard/encoder (when the switch is in the 'on' position).
I believe the other existing switch selects whether ctrl-RESET or just RESET
resets the machine.

I never bother to look for the switch, does anyone else know of a source
for them now?  (C&K 7201 is the designation, I believe)
--
					- Ralph W. Hyre, Jr.
Internet: ralphw@{ius{3,2,1}.,}cs.cmu.edu    Phone:(412) CMU-BUGS