[comp.sys.apple] Open-Apple and Computist

Kreme@cup.portal.com (Lewis Kreme Butler) (05/30/89)

I would like info on getting Open-Apple (whatever it's called now).  I have
just gotten Computist #66 and am mightily pleased with it.  I heartily
recommend it to anyone with low-loevel interests (machine language).  It also
contains copying schemes (for installing proected wares on HD, making faster
boot copies, removing passwords, etc) and occasional clues.

Computist is available from

Computist (duh?)
Subscribtions
PO BOX 110846-T
Tacoma, WA  98411
(206-474-5750)

$24 for eight issues.  Great deal.  tell 'em Kreme sent you :-)

JDA@NIHCU.BITNET (Doug Ashbrook) (05/31/89)

> I would like info on getting Open-Apple (whatever it's called now).  I have

Subscriptions to A2-Central (formerly Open-Apple) are $28 for 1 year,
$54 for 2 years, and $78 for 3 years from:

          A2-Central
          P.O. Box 11250
          Overland Park, Kansas  66207

J. Douglas Ashbrook                                   (301) 496-5181
BITNET: JDA@NIHCU                              <-- preferred address
INTERNET: JDA@CU.NIH.GOV     or     jda%nihcu.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
National Institutes of Health, Computer Center,   Bethesda, MD 20892

-+- Remember.  If some weirdo in a blue suit offers you some MS-DOS,
JUST SAY NO!

shawn@pnet51.cts.com (Shawn Stanley) (06/02/89)

Kreme@cup.portal.com (Lewis Kreme Butler) writes:
>I would like info on getting Open-Apple (whatever it's called now).  I have
>just gotten Computist #66 and am mightily pleased with it.  I heartily
>recommend it to anyone with low-loevel interests (machine language).  It also
>contains copying schemes (for installing proected wares on HD, making faster
>boot copies, removing passwords, etc) and occasional clues.

A2-Central (was Open-Apple)
P.O. Box 11250
Overland Park, Kansas 66207

$28/year
913/469-6502

UUCP: {uunet!rosevax, amdahl!bungia, chinet, killer}!orbit!pnet51!shawn
INET: shawn@pnet51.cts.com

daveharv@pro-novapple.UUCP (Dave Harvey) (06/06/89)

Network Comment: to #6966 by obsolete!JDA%NIHCU.BITNET%cunyvm.cuny.edu

In addition to individuals subscribing to A2-Central, if you happen to belong
to an Apple User group, they do exchange newsletters with user groups.  You
put them on your mailing list for your U G newsletter and they will start
sending you A2 Central.  A pretty good deal for user groups.  My user group
has been getting Open apple that way ever since it started publishing.

proline: pro-novapple!daveharv
uucp: crash!pro-novapple!daveharv
arpa: crash!pro-novapple!daveharv@nosc.mil
Internet: daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com
DIALCOM: 164:NVC100
Northern Virginia Apple Users Group >pro-novapple< 703-671-0416/300-2400 baud