[comp.sys.apple] Apple II GS, appletalk, and imagewriter emulator

eddie@CC.MSSTATE.EDU (Eddie Mikell) (06/09/89)

Let me start off by apologizing if this is a duplicate posting, but I think
the last one vanished in a network black-hole.

I have been asked to assist in setting up a lab which is using an Apple II
GS which is connected by appletalk to a Laserwriter IInt.

While I am not a GS pro, I followed the instruction manual in trying to
make something print to the laserwriter.  I ran the system untilities, selected
chooser, and selected the laserwriter (which it detected over the net). It
then downloaded the imagewriter emulator into the laserwriter and the
laserwriter printed the message "emulator successfully load".  So far so good.

I quit the utilities, rebooted into appleworks, loaded a file and tried to
print to an imagewriter at slot 7.  Nothing.

I have tried this scenario several times, but have not be able to print.

Any suggestions?

Eddie H. Mikell
Mississippi State University

dlyons@Apple.COM (David Lyons) (06/10/89)

In article <8906091242.AA08964@Wally.CC.MsState.Edu> eddie@CC.MSSTATE.EDU (Eddie Mikell) writes:
>I have been asked to assist in setting up a lab which is using an Apple II
>GS which is connected by appletalk to a Laserwriter IInt.
>[...]
>I quit the utilities, rebooted into appleworks, loaded a file and tried to
>print to an imagewriter at slot 7.  Nothing.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Eddie H. Mikell
>Mississippi State University

Just a guess, but try *not* rebooting with Apple-Ctrl-Reset.  After you quit
the Chooser, launch the APLWORKS.SYSTEM file from whereever you are after
quitting.

 --Dave Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.          |   DAL Systems
   AppleLink--Apple Edition: DAVE.LYONS      |   P.O. Box 875
   AppleLink--Personal Edition: Dave Lyons   |   Cupertino, CA 95015-0875

   My opinions are my own, not Apple's.