[comp.sys.apple] STII:TWOK on tv

tsouth@pro-pac.cts.com (System Administrator) (06/25/89)

Re: rec.arts.startrek posting

> From: rubin@Apple.COM (Owen R. Rubin)
> Subject: Re: STII:TWOK on tv
> Date: 23 Jun 89 21:15:52 GMT

> first time around (I wonder if it was different). Anybody have a good
> source and would be willing to dup me a copy onto either STANDARD Hi-Fi
> VHS or Super Beta (2 hour mode). I would be willing to pay for the tape,
> and shipping. Thanks

> -Owen- (rubin@apple.com)
> The views expressed are those of the writer -- but then who really cares?!

Sorry to get off of the subject, but with all of the heady talk from Apple
employees on comp.sys.apple/info-apple on just how much they abhor piracy
of their software, I just wanted to take this post and frame it in memorandum
of one Apple employee who is not perfect! :) :) :)

Todd South

--
UUCP: {nosc, uunet!cacilj, sdcsvax, hplabs!hp-sdd, sun.COM}
                        ...!crash!pnet01!pro-nsfmat!pro-pac!tsouth

rubin@Apple.COM (Owen R. Rubin) (06/27/89)

In article <8906242218.AA11045@crash.cts.com> pnet01!pro-nsfmat!pro-pac!tsouth@nosc.mil writes:
...my request for a copy of a broadcast move deleted.....

>Sorry to get off of the subject, but with all of the heady talk from Apple
>employees on comp.sys.apple/info-apple on just how much they abhor piracy
>of their software, I just wanted to take this post and frame it in memorandum
>of one Apple employee who is not perfect! :) :) :)
>
>Todd South

If anyone is still interested, I have retracted this request in the news
group in which it was originally posted. I was unaware that copying a broadcast
movie was in violation of any copyright laws. I stand corrected. Please
understand that I do NOT condone the copying of ANY copyrighted material
of  any kind at any time. In addition, please understand that as my signature
states, I speak ONLY for my self and not the policies or practices of Apple
Computer. Todd's accusations against Apple are uncalled for and quite in error.
I will admit to being not perfect (but now a bit more perfect :-)   ).

I appologize for any misunderstanding this original request may have caused.

If anyone sees another copy of this posting made by Todd South I would
appreciate knowing so that I may follow up and retract my error there as well.
Seems Todd wasn't sure enough of himself to face me directly with my error
and has plastered his accusation all over the net. His efforts are not
appreciated.

lmb7421@ultb.UUCP (L.M. Barstow) (06/28/89)

In article <32694@apple.Apple.COM> rubin@Apple.COM (Owen R. Rubin) writes:
>In article <8906242218.AA11045@crash.cts.com> pnet01!pro-nsfmat!pro-pac!tsouth@nosc.mil writes:
>...my request for a copy of a broadcast move deleted.....
>>
>>Sorry to get off of the subject, but with all of the heady talk from Apple
>>employees on comp.sys.apple/info-apple on just how much they abhor piracy
>>of their software, I just wanted to take this post and frame it in memorandum
>>of one Apple employee who is not perfect! :) :) :)
>>
>>Todd South
>
>If anyone is still interested, I have retracted this request in the news
>group in which it was originally posted. I was unaware that copying a broadcast
>movie was in violation of any copyright laws. I stand corrected. Please
>Todd's accusations against Apple are uncalled for and quite in error.
>-Owen- (rubin@apple.com)

Owen, last I checked (from the great discussion about a month back) it
was Ok to copy broadcast shows for 'delayed viewing' so long as you were
only showing it in your own home.  If I remember correctly, there was
also no limit to the number of times you could 'delayed view' it.

Todd,  was there any real purpose to your more than somewhat immature
barb here?  I think that was really uncalled-for (and I think that you
owe Owen an apology, as opposed to the one that he already posted to the
world in general which he shouldn't have needed to do.) tsk, tsk.

DISCLAIMER:  The above are my own unofficial opinions.  They do not in
any way reflect the opinions of ISC.  Post all follow-up Flames to
/dev/null.
--
Les Barstow                   |Bitnet: LMB7421@RITVAX| "I can read your mind,
Phoenix rising...             |UUCP:                 |   and you should be