[comp.sys.apple] Disk ][ controller card schematics/repair help wtd

dorian@pawl.rpi.edu (Dorian S. Garson) (06/27/89)

I have here a mangled Disk ][ (second revision, I think) controller card
that I need to repair.  It is missing the components at positions
C5, C2, and Q1.  Can someone please tell me what capacitors and transistor
used to reside there?

I would be eternally endebted to anyone who can offer assistance.

	-Dorian->

 |\  /\ ARPAnet: DORIAN@PAWL.RPI.EDU

marc@lakesys.UUCP (Marc Rassbach) (06/27/89)

In article <5696@rpi.edu> dorian@pawl.rpi.edu (Dorian S. Garson) writes:
>I have here a mangled Disk ][ (second revision, I think) controller card
>that I need to repair.  It is missing the components at positions
>C5, C2, and Q1.  Can someone please tell me what capacitors and transistor

Dig Mode ON

Gee, all you have to do is look in the DOS users manual that Apple sent
out with all of the Apple ]['s that bought DOS.

Wait a minute.... You must be one of these new users, the ones who have to
spend $200+ to get the same level of documentation the ][+ owners used
to enjoy.

Dig Mode OFF

What ever happened to the OLD apple????

C5 - 0.1 uf decoupling cap.  Monolythic
C2 - 22 uf  electrolytic
Q1 - MPSU51    (GE/RCA ECC subs are about.....)

--
Marc Rassbach     marc@lakesys	              If you take my advice, that
"I can't C with my AI closed"                 is your problem, not mine!

rich@pro-exchange.cts.com (Rich Sims) (06/27/89)

Comment to message from: pnet01!crash!csd4.milw.wisc.edu!leah!rpi!pawl3.pawl.rpi.edu!dorian (Dorian S. Garson)

> I have here a mangled Disk ][ (second revision, I think) controller card
> that I need to repair.  It is missing the components at positions
> C5, C2, and Q1.  Can someone please tell me what capacitors and transistor
> used to reside there?

How about 2 out of 3 and a "nudge" in the right direction?  :-)

        C2 is a 16v, 22uf electrolytic
        Q1 is a 2N3906

        C5 is a, errr, uhh...  well, anyhow, it's the same as the ones at
          C3, C4, and C6

NOTE: The above applies to my card... no guarantees on anyone else's!

Rich Sims

UUCP: crash!pro-exchange!rich
ARPA: crash!pro-exchange!rich@nosc.mil
INET: rich@pro-exchange.cts.com

Kreme@cup.portal.com (Lewis Kreme Butler) (06/28/89)

C5 is the same peice as c4.
C2 is A9334PC  Chip,
Q1 is a 2N-3906 Transistor.

This is straight of my (c)1978 Disk ][ Interface card.

| kreme@cup.portal.com | "And then I realized why God had sent His beast to  |
|----------------------| hound me so.  He sought to weaken me.  He sought to |
| The real cycle you're| tire me out before I got to Him. God was scared of  |
| working on is a cycle| me -- the little wuss."                             |
| called 'yourself'    |                   Eppy Thatcher, Grendel            |

ernies@pro-generic.cts.com (Ernie Spiteri) (06/28/89)

Network Comment: to #2736 by pnet01!crash!csd4.milw.wisc.edu!leah!rpi!pawl3.pawl.rpi.edu!dorian

C5-cap with value 104, c2-16v 22uf electrolytic, q1- 250 9012H
hope this helps