[comp.sys.apple] TWGS and faster 65816s

bwm@pro-europa.cts.com (Boyd Meier) (06/28/89)

  I'm looking at buying TWGS for my GS, and I want to know what the highest
speed processor that it uses is, and also if anyone knows about what the
highest speed 65816 available is and how that speed compares with say a 25 MHz
80386 computer.
        - Boyd Meier
        PROLINE : bwm@pro-europa

nuwilken@ndsuvax.UUCP (Scott Wilken) (07/02/89)

In article <8906281636.AA00735@crash.cts.com> pnet01!pro-nsfmat!pro-europa!bwm@nosc.mil writes:

>  I'm looking at buying TWGS for my GS, and I want to know what the highest
>speed processor that it uses is, and also if anyone knows about what the
>highest speed 65816 available is and how that speed compares with say a 25 MHz
>80386 computer.
>        - Boyd Meier
>        PROLINE : bwm@pro-europa

I believe the current transwarp runs at 8 mhz, but I remember hearing that a
10 mhz board was planned for release at a later date.

As for comparing one with an 80386, FORGET it.  They arent even in the same
class.  An 80386 is a 32 bit processor, the 65816 is CALLED a 16 bit, but I
see it as more of a hacked together 8 bit that looks like a 16 bit.

! Internet:  nuwilken@Plains.NoDak.EDU         AppleLink PE:  Wilken          !
! UUCP:      uunet!ndsuvax!nuwilken            GEnie Mail:    S.WILKEN1       !
! Bitnet:    NUWILKEN@NDSUVAX                  CompuServe:    75130,1571      !