[comp.sys.apple] II GIF and the IIc

vernonw@dasys1.UUCP (Vernon L. Williams) (06/26/89)

Does anyone have a copy of II GIF with a patch which fixes the bug it has.
When run on a IIc, II GIF has a nasty tendancy to crash, displaying "MMU"
I have heard that there is a patch, however. If anyone has it (or another
program for "classic" Apple II's which allows the viewing of GIF files)
could you please post it to comp.binaries.apple2 ??

Thanks in advance.

Vernon L. Williams
Big Electric Cat Public Unix	New York City Education Network (NYCENET)
!cmc12!ccnysci!dasys1!vernonw	(3/12/2400 baud)  212-769-0550

ggray@wpi.wpi.edu (Gary Gray) (06/28/89)

In article <10062@dasys1.UUCP> vernonw@dasys1.UUCP (Vernon L. Williams) writes:

>Does anyone have a copy of II GIF with a patch which fixes the bug it has.
>When run on a IIc, II GIF has a nasty tendancy to crash, displaying "MMU"
>I have heard that there is a patch, however. If anyone has it (or another
>program for "classic" Apple II's which allows the viewing of GIF files)
>could you please post it to comp.binaries.apple2 ??
>
>Thanks in advance.
>

>--
>Vernon L. Williams

I have the patched version, but I am somewhat hazy on the status of it.  I am
a bit reluctant to pass on a modified version of this program w/o the author's
blessing (I know I wouldn't want anyone passing out modified copies of any
programs I wrote)

Can anyone tell me if the patched version of IIGIF is from the author or has
been made with his knowledge?  If so, I voulenteer to pack the thing up and
send it out....

The reason I am so cautious is that I would think a properly working version
would have been released widely (i.e., all of the version of IIGIF out there
would be patched) or perhaps the IIGIF patched version crashes other
computers?

Until I find out this info or someone else posts, Vernon, you can use IIGIF
off of a 5 1/4" disk if you have one.

andyt@pro-exchange.cts.com (Andy Thomason) (06/30/89)

Comment to message from: pnet01!crash!nyu.edu!dasys1!vernonw (Vernon L. Williams)

I know that the Washington Apple Pi Telecommunications Crew came up with a new
version of IIGIF (not really new, just adapted) and you may be able to bargain
with someone near there (Pro-NovApple) to get it sent to comp.binaries.apple2.
Good luck, hope this helps.

BTW: This was in reference to the request for //c version of IIGIF, the Apple
II version to view GIF graphics.

)-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-(
( UUCP: crash!pro-exchange!andyt          )  "I THINK too much, therefore...
) ARPA: crash!pro-exchange!andyt@nosc.mil (                ...I AM too much!"
( INET: andyt@pro-exchange.cts.com        )  --------/|
)  -all addresses also apply to pro-south (   ------/_|   _________
(-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-)    ----/  |ndy |homason

daveharv@pro-novapple.UUCP (Dave Harvey) (07/07/89)

Network Comment: to #7244 by obsolete!pro-angmar!pro-exchange!andyt

>I know that the Washington Apple Pi Telecommunications Crew came up with a new
>version of IIGIF (not really new, just adapted) and you may be able to bargain
>with someone near there (Pro-NovApple) to get it sent to comp.binaries.apple2.

>BTW: This was in reference to the request for //c version of IIGIF, the Apple
>II version to view GIF graphics.

I'm put up the IIC version to comp.binaries.apple2, Andy.  I have it now.

proline: pro-novapple!daveharv
uucp: crash!pro-novapple!daveharv
arpa: crash!pro-novapple!daveharv@nosc.mil
Internet: daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com
DIALCOM: 164:NVC100
Northern Virginia Apple Users Group >pro-novapple< 703-671-0416/300-2400 baud