[comp.sys.apple] SOUND FILES AND GIF PICS

RXBROWN@UALR.BITNET ("MR.FANTASTIC") (06/28/89)

 A frined of mine and I transfered an Amiga sound file to my GS. It was compress
   with Perfect sound on his Amiga and when I got it, I compressed it with ACER
then expanded it and played it back. I came out ok, but it was a little scratchy
   (sp?). I want to know if there was any way I could clean it up?

 Has anybody got a program that will convert GS pictures to GIF?? I need it. My
friend with the Amiga wants some pictures I have, and he can't read our format.

Thanks

Robert Brown
BITNET: RXBROWN@UALR
ALPE: ROBPHD                I.B.M = I've been mugged!
                              Amiga?? Just say maybe,
                                       let me see what
                                        Apple does with the GS!?!?

JDA@NIHCU.BITNET (Doug Ashbrook) (07/03/89)

>  Has anybody got a program that will convert GS pictures to GIF?? I need it. M
> friend with the Amiga wants some pictures I have, and he can't read our format
.

The program SHRConvert (version 2.1) will convert //gs pictures to
GIF format.  It is available as files 88-00661, 88-00662, and
88-00663 on the APPLE2-L list server at the BITNET node BROWNVM.
SHRConvert is a shareware program, so be sure to send the author his
fee ($20.00 as I recall).

J. Douglas Ashbrook                                   (301) 496-5181
BITNET: JDA@NIHCU                              <-- preferred address
INTERNET: JDA@CU.NIH.GOV     or     jda%nihcu.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
National Institutes of Health, Computer Center,   Bethesda, MD 20892

-+- Remember.  If some weirdo in a blue suit offers you some MS-DOS,
JUST SAY NO!

shankar@pompeii.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Son of Knuth) (07/12/89)

In article <8906300910.aa01127@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> RXBROWN@UALR.BITNET ("MR.FANTASTIC") writes:

> A frined of mine and I transfered an Amiga sound file to my GS. It was compress
>   with Perfect sound on his Amiga and when I got it, I compressed it with ACER
>then expanded it and played it back. I came out ok, but it was a little scratchy
>   (sp?). I want to know if there was any way I could clean it up?

What is ACER?
I have a source of Amiga sounds which I've been meaning to convert, so I'd
appreciate any info on this too.

> Has anybody got a program that will convert GS pictures to GIF?? I need it. My
>friend with the Amiga wants some pictures I have, and he can't read our format.

I've heard that the newest versions of SHR do conversion *to GIF files.

---
Subash Shankar             Honeywell Systems & Research Center
voice: (612) 782 7558      US Snail: 3660 Technology Dr., Minneapolis, MN 55418
shankar@src.honeywell.com  srcsip!shankar