[comp.sys.apple] reference manual/6502 specs

tkong@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Timothy Kong) (07/08/89)

Does anyone know where I can get specs for the 6502?  Also, where can I get
the reference manual for the Apple IIe?  Can I order directly from Apple?

				Tim Kong

brianw@microsoft.UUCP (Brian Willoughby) (07/14/89)

In article <15261@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> tkong@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Timothy Kong) writes:

>Does anyone know where I can get specs for the 6502?  Also, where can I get
>the reference manual for the Apple IIe?  Can I order directly from Apple?
>

>				Tim Kong

I've tried out just about every 6502 available over the years, and have
collected data books from NCR, Rockwell and Western Design Center.  If
there is a local electronics distributor who sells these parts, then
hopefully they would have the documentation (I got mine free, as an
Electrical Engineering student).  Don't expect to find distributors for
Western Design Center's uP's, because they only sell direct.  Jameco
has specs for $0.50 to go with the 65c802 part they sell.  They are at
(415)592-8097, but have a $20 minimum order, so I'd try the local guys
first.

Try an Apple dealer for the IIe reference (but I guess you've already
done that and hit a brick wall?).

Brian Willoughby
BitNet:         microsoft!brianw@Sun.COM
Usenet/UUCP:    ...!{sun|uw-beaver|uunet}|microsoft|brianw