[comp.sys.apple] APDA

STEIN@UCONNVM.BITNET (02/14/88)

APDA address and phone number:
  290 S.W. 43rd Street, Renton, WA 98055
  (206) 251-9798

They also have a toll free number for orders from members.

ARPA:   stein%uconnvm.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu       Alan H. Stein
BITNET: STEIN@UCONNVM                          University of Connecticut
UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!STEIN        at Waterbury
CompuServe: 71545,1500  Genie:  ah.stein       Department of Mathematics

bsherman@pro-exchange.cts.com (Bob Sherman) (10/30/88)

Well folks, here is a news flash!!!!!

APDA (Apple Programmers & Developers Assn.) is officially Kaput!!!

Apple has bought them out, and as a result they will now have to change their
name.. But Apple will no longer supply them with developers tools and
documentation, since they will now be doing what APDA did from within Apple.

More details as they become available..

UUCP: crash!pro-exchange!bsherman
ARPA: crash!pro-exchange!bsherman@nosc.mil
INET: bsherman@pro-exchange.cts.com

cs374124@umbc3.UMD.EDU (Clark "Crash" Culligan) (11/02/88)

In article <8811011638.AA05789@crash.cts.com> pnet01!pro-simasd!pro-exchange!bsherman@nosc.mil writes:

>Apple has bought them out, and as a result they will now have to change their
>name.. But Apple will no longer supply them with developers tools and
>documentation, since they will now be doing what APDA did from within Apple.

   Hmmm... Seeing the speed with which Apple releases technical
information, this could either be a coup or a debacle. Either:
   1> APDA will be supplied with the same lack of zeal and furvor that
Apple has shown releasing technical data. In this case, APDA's
members will leave like rats abandoning a sinking ship (myself
included). Or:
   2> Given this new release for technical information, Apple will be
able to put new betawares onto the market immediately, thus speeding the
time it takes to get the new technologies, and therefore speeding the
third party developers. APDA (or whatever organization Apple chooses to
use as a front) will increase drastically in size, and we'll see lots of
new products. Also, Apple may be able to work out some of the glitches
that APDA has had in the past (problems with dissatisfied customers,
etc).
   Surely, IBM doesn't have an organization like APDA for the
distribution of their newtech. Let's hope it makes a difference for
Apple.
   And yes, the changes Apple makes in APDA could possibly make or break
any new products they care to introduce.
   By the way... I'm voting for a IIGS-specific line of bulletins.

                                   -David Wood
                                    Lowly Student, UMBC

=  A Mind is a Terrible Thing to have Leaking Out Your Ears  =
=                       -The League of Sadistic Telepaths    =

dr@skivs.UUCP (David Robins) (11/04/88)

In article <8811011638.AA05789@crash.cts.com> pnet01!pro-simasd!pro-exchange!bsherman@nosc.mil writes:

>APDA (Apple Programmers & Developers Assn.) is officially Kaput!!!
>Apple has bought them out, and as a result they will now have to change their
>name.. But Apple will no longer supply them with developers tools and
>documentation, since they will now be doing what APDA did from within Apple.

Great.  What about all of us who renewed/joined recently?  Do we get refunds?
--
David Robins, M.D.  (ophthalmologist / electronics engineer)
Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute, 2232 Webster St, San Francisco CA 94115

akc@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Bruce Cox) (01/21/89)

Can someone please send me the address and 800 number from APDA?  I've
misplaced it somewhere.

Thanks,

Bruce Cox         UUCP: akc@mace.cc.purdue.edu   BITNET: clone@purccvm.bitnet
Purdue University "Of All The Things I've Lost, It's My Mind I Miss The Most"

breek@byuvax.bitnet (01/22/89)

Sure, Bruce:

Old:
290 S.W. 43rd Street
Renton, WA 98055
800-245-8999
800-527-7562 in WA
800-237-4644 in Canada

New:
(@Apple)
20525 Mariani Avenue, M/S 33G
Cupertino, CA 95014
800-282-APDA (APDA=2732)

I don't know how long the old info will be any good.

--Lyle D. Gunderson (BREEK@BYUVAX)

JDA@NIHCU.BITNET (Doug Ashbrook) (01/23/89)

> Can someone please send me the address and 800 number from APDA?  I've
> misplaced it somewhere.

APDA
Apple Computer, Inc.
20525 Mariani Ave, M/S 33G
Cupertino, CA 95014
(800) 282-APDA

J. Douglas Ashbrook                                  (301) 496-5181
BITNET: JDA@NIHCU            ARPA: jda%nihcu.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
National Institutes of Health, Computer Center,  Bethesda, MD 20892

MAR21AA@TECHNION.BITNET (Uri Srebro) (07/14/89)

     I'm not an APDA member, but thinking of becomeing one. I would like to kno
w if it is posible to order manuals (specificlly the 'upgrade' maunuals for the
 Toolbox Refrence) directly from them without being a member.
                             Thanks in advance for an answer...

p.s. What's their phone # (preferably 800) / addres

Prof. Uri Srebro         | Nathan Srebro
Technion, Haifa, Israel  | Haifa, Israel

MAR21AA @ Technion.BITNET