[comp.sys.apple] NuView, mail, life

fadden@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Andy McFadden) (07/08/89)

For those not on Usenet, NuView v1.2 (source files and APW shell EXE file)
were BinSCIIed and ShrinkIted to comp.binaries.apple2 a few days ago.

For those of you who sent me mail over the last week or so, if you haven't
received a response yet, please try again.  Mail was acting up again...

Side note: "official" versions of GS/OS 5.0 are now appearing on BBSs.

--
fadden@cory.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden)
...!ucbvax!cory!fadden

krb20699@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (07/11/89)

     What is the policy of posting System Disk 5.0?  It just doesn't seem Apple
with it's reputation would let GS/OS on BBSs.  Is it 'legal' to upload SysDisk
5.0 to BBSs or the net?  If it is...

							Ken.
						krb20699@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

In article <113300090@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> krb20699@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>     What is the policy of posting System Disk 5.0?  It just doesn't seem Apple
>with it's reputation would let GS/OS on BBSs.  Is it 'legal' to upload SysDisk
>5.0 to BBSs or the net?  If it is...
>
>							Ken.
>						krb20699@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
Of course not.  It's Apple's intellectual property, copyrighted and protected.
Electronic services *can* license it for distribution from Apple's Software
Licensing department, contactable at (408) 974-4667.  I believe the fee to
be somewhere around $100/year.

Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions expressed in this tome
Send PERSONAL mail ONLY (please) to:  | should not be construed to imply that
AppleLink PE: Matt DTS  GEnie: AIIDTS | Apple Computer, Inc., or any of its
CompuServe: 76703,3030                | subsidiaries, in whole or in part,
Usenet:  mattd@apple.com              | have any opinion on any subject."
UUCP:  (other stuff)!ames!apple!mattd | "So there."

krb20699@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (07/17/89)

     I stand corrected.  I do have an excuse, however.  It WAS 1:51 am when I
wrote that response.  Apple letting it's software go on a BBS...I'm now laughing
at that thought.
     I'm just anxious for it to come out.  I want to buy so many software
packages, and a hard drive, but I want to wait until everything's been patched
up for System 5.0.  Anxious thoughts of a CompE...

                                                        Ken.
                                                krb20699@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
                                                      (BITNET)